Supplement to promote BDNF (Neurofactor)

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Sam-J
Contributor
Contributor

Supplement to promote BDNF (Neurofactor)

Post by Sam-J »

Hi there,

I've been looking for a good supplement for WCFE (Whole Coffee Fruit Extra). Bredesen's book recommend this as supplement to promote BDNF and enhance memory. So I've found in internet articles that support that theory, however there is quite a few supplements in the market that offer WCFE as ingredient and is hard to choose one.
On the other hand, I also found a company that offers a product called Neurofactor https://www.futureceuticals.com/neurofactor which has as ingredient WCFE and seems to have very good reviews.
Neurofactor is sold as ingredient in supplements such as this https://www.organifishop.com/collections/organifi-pure
Does anybody have tried this product?
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Supplement to promote BDNF (Neurofactor)

Post by Plumster »

Hi Sam-J,

I'm interested but can't add any info on products. Just wanted to point out that sauna, exercise, and broccoli sprouts, and good sleep also promote BDNF. There's a 16x increase through frequent sauna use!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Sam-J! Neurofactor is the one Dr. Bredesen recommends. I tried it with disastrous side effects. My BP became so low, I could barely stand upright. In full disclosure, I was trialing Dr. Gundry’s Vital Reds at the same time which are very high in polyphenols that can apparently have the same side effect. If your BP tends to run on the low side, proceed with caution.
Sam-J
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sam-J »

Julie G wrote:Hi Sam-J! Neurofactor is the one Dr. Bredesen recommends. I tried it with disastrous side effects. My BP became so low, I could barely stand upright. In full disclosure, I was trialing Dr. Gundry’s Vital Reds at the same time which are very high in polyphenols that can apparently have the same side effect. If your BP tends to run on the low side, proceed with caution.
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I want Neurofactor actually for my Mother who's got MCI symptoms and is currently following the Bredesen protocol (with the help of a practitioner). I feel better about trying Neurofactor now that I know Dr. Bredesen actually recommended it and I guess I ll check on my Mom's BP while she tries it.
Do you know if there's any brand Dr. Bredesen recommends ? because there is more than one product that offers Neurofactor on its ingredients.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Do you know if there's any brand Dr. Bredesen recommends ? because there is more than one product that offers Neurofactor on its ingredients.
I think Neurofactor is a patented formula. ANY brand is ok.