If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

When to take the supplements?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Arbre
Contributor
Contributor

When to take the supplements?

Postby Arbre » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 am

I have not been able to find in Bredesen's book a recipe of when to take each supplement (maybe there is, but I have not found it).

Of course, melatonin is before sleeping. But what about the other pills? B12 / folate / D3 & K2 / ...?

Does it matter when to take them? All at the same time? Separate? With food or without? After a workout or not? ...

xactly
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: When to take the supplements?

Postby xactly » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Arbre wrote:I have not been able to find in Bredesen's book a recipe of when to take each supplement (maybe there is, but I have not found it).

Of course, melatonin is before sleeping. But what about the other pills? B12 / folate / D3 & K2 / ...?

Does it matter when to take them? All at the same time? Separate? With food or without? After a workout or not? ...

It does matter when you take some of them. On page 233, you'll find a table called "ReCODE: The Basic Plan" that lists supplements, as well as dosage. He also recommends timing for some of them. I checked online sources and also directions on the supplement bottles for the ones without timing advice. I created a table for myself in Excel that put all of this together. For instance, I don't take zinc and magnesium at the same time because they interfere with one other.

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”