When to take the supplements?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Arbre
Contributor
Contributor

When to take the supplements?

Post by Arbre »

I have not been able to find in Bredesen's book a recipe of when to take each supplement (maybe there is, but I have not found it).

Of course, melatonin is before sleeping. But what about the other pills? B12 / folate / D3 & K2 / ...?

Does it matter when to take them? All at the same time? Separate? With food or without? After a workout or not? ...
xactly
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: When to take the supplements?

Post by xactly »

Arbre wrote:I have not been able to find in Bredesen's book a recipe of when to take each supplement (maybe there is, but I have not found it).

Of course, melatonin is before sleeping. But what about the other pills? B12 / folate / D3 & K2 / ...?

Does it matter when to take them? All at the same time? Separate? With food or without? After a workout or not? ...
It does matter when you take some of them. On page 233, you'll find a table called "ReCODE: The Basic Plan" that lists supplements, as well as dosage. He also recommends timing for some of them. I checked online sources and also directions on the supplement bottles for the ones without timing advice. I created a table for myself in Excel that put all of this together. For instance, I don't take zinc and magnesium at the same time because they interfere with one other.