Is This Under-the-Radar Stock Set to Succeed in Alzheimer's Disease?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Family Tree Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is This Under-the-Radar Stock Set to Succeed in Alzheimer's Disease?

Post by Family Tree Guy »

circular wrote:Is anyone worried about killing off healthy organisms in the mouth this way? Absent signs of PG, is this like throwing antibiotics into a healthy gut? That asked, I saw something the other day about antibiotics helping dementia symptoms. I think that’s discussed in the forum.
Note: there was actually a very interesting study a few years ago showing that using traditional antiseptic mouthwash 2 X per day actually noticeably increases your risk of diabetes. likely due to messing up the natural microbiome that should be in your mouth (there are some good bacteria in there normally):

"Over-the-counter mouthwash use and risk of pre-diabetes/diabetes"
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0317301532

I think the implication is that your overall microbiome is important and 'killing them all' is probably not the best approach to oral bacteria.

Also please note, that while dental hygiene is great, but once Pg gets travels from the mouth to the brain, it is staying there. At least that is the working theory here.