Marama Experience

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Windsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Marama Experience

Post by Windsurfer »

thumbnail_IMG_4356.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4352.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4341.jpg
Yesterday I went to an open house for a new assisted living home in Vista, CA. This is a different kind of AL home. It's called the Marama Experience https://www.maramaexperience.com. It was incredible. Dr. Heather Sandison is the owner. She is a Naturopathic Doctor who is trained in the Bredesen Protocol. She works with people with Dementia and Alzheimer's all the time in her practice. Now she can refer certain people to her assisted living home to really concentrate on the Protocol. All the food is organic and follows the Protocol. They have great exercise, acupuncture and sauna devices to work with people. It's a beautiful home in San Diego that hopefully will really be a great way to fight Alzheimer's. It was wonderful to see they don't have TV's in the homes because they are going to be challenging people's brains instead of the typical assisted living where they watch TV most of the day.

Dr. Bredesen attended the open house and wants to spread this concept all over the US.

I own 5 assisted living homes in Arizona and hope to follow in her footsteps. I wish her the best of luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Marama Experience

Post by Lisa G »

Wow. What a wonderful concept being put into action! May this be the beginning of an amazing new way to love and nurture the elderly in our country! Good luck to all involved!
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Waves windsurfer! Nice to see you posting. I'm so happy that YOU got to see this operation firsthand. I know this will serve as inspiration for your care homes. Imagine how the trajectory of Alzheimer's could be impacted if a healing environment was the standard of care, especially early in the disease process. Please continue reaching out to the community for any assistance we can provide. Thanks for sharing.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

This is an exciting new chapter in care for our loved ones with dementia. How wonderful to have an option with such comprehensive support.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

Windsurfer wrote:I own 5 assisted living homes in Arizona and hope to follow in her footsteps. I wish her the best of luck!
Wish you success! I also hope you and Marama start a movement that spreads to my neck of the woods (Atlanta, GA area).
Windsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Windsurfer »

Thank you everyone. I have a conference call with Dr. Bredesen's staff today. I will report on our progress.