Blue Cross Plans Say Alzheimer’s Has Tripled Among Adults Ages 30 To 64

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

This one was a shocker! Lends credibility to Dr. Bredesen's "36 holes in the roof" scenario. Could also be that more people are mentioning problems to their doctors. Or better awareness by the medical profession. Or...or...or...

Early-onset dementia and Alzheimer’s disease jumped 200% among commercially insured Americans between the ages of 30 and 64 over a recent five-year period, a new analysis of Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurer claims shows...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... cafd374d28
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Blue Cross Plans Say Alzheimer’s Has Tripled Among Adults Ages 30 To 64

Post by circular »

Jmac wrote:This one was a shocker! Lends credibility to Dr. Bredesen's "36 holes in the roof" scenario. Could also be that more people are mentioning problems to their doctors. Or better awareness by the medical profession. Or...or...or...

Early-onset dementia and Alzheimer’s disease jumped 200% among commercially insured Americans between the ages of 30 and 64 over a recent five-year period, a new analysis of Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurer claims shows...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... cafd374d28
Wow, I wonder if this includes a significant number of women in perimenopause and menopause avoiding HRT and BHRT since it got a bad rap (not that it isn’t bad for some women with risk factors).
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

This is what Dr. Bredesen and his team are seeing. Given the growing mismatch between our increasingly toxic world and our ancestral gene, I'm not surprised. I cringe a bit when I see people saying not to worry about E4 as Alzheimer's only affects the elderly. That wasn't my experience, nor that of many others. That said, the news is far from dire. The time to make changes that will optimize your health is NOW, not later. This simply underscores the importance of our mission and message.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Hi. Thanks for sharing.

The disconnect between the scale of the problem and the resistance to doing much of anything to reduce risk at the level of populations is disappointing. In our area we have horrible air pollution, mostly PM2, one of the older populations of any state, and high and increasing numbers of AD and related dementias. And public officials I talk with - elected and running for office - are unaware of any link. Even though researchers come from far away to study the link here because it's so well established.

I'm out here, trying to spread the word. But it's getting frustrating. 1 out of every 3 days here is an poor air quality alert day.

Thanks for your optimism Julie. A good reminder of the positives and possibilities. I needed that!
Brainstorming
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Brainstorming »

[quote="Jmac"]This one was a shocker! Lends credibility to Dr. Bredesen's "36 holes in the roof" scenario. Could also be that more people are mentioning problems to their doctors. Or better awareness by the medical profession. Or...or...or...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brainstorming
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Brainstorming »

Brainstorming wrote:
Jmac wrote:This one was a shocker! Lends credibility to Dr. Bredesen's "36 holes in the roof" scenario. Could also be that more people are mentioning problems to their doctors. Or better awareness by the medical profession. Or...or...or...

- thank you for sharing these very scary but not surprising statistics, given the Standard American Diet and everything else followers of this site are aware of. All the more reason to get proven support protocols - like Bredesen - mainstreamed!