Ivor Cummins interviews Steven Gundry about ApoE4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Thought both did a good job on this interview.

Tincup
E3,E4
Markp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ivor Cummins interviews Steven Gundry about ApoE4

Post by Markp »

I enjoyed this video, as it answered some questions about the types of fats for us E4's. The optimistic outlook Iver Cummins brings makes the learning enjoyable. As a result, I bought some Krill oil capsules today.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for sharing, Tincup! I finally had a chance to listen. I was very curious about how these two (with very different perspectives) would interact. When I saw the podcast posted, I was almost tempted to share the "eating popcorn" gif on Ivor's FaceBook site. :lol: As many of us know, Dr. Gundry is a borderline vegan with Ivor leaning towards carnivorism. That said, I found the conversation to be really informative and quite civil. It was amusing to see Ivor working VERY hard throughout the conversation to make the distinction between those who are healthy and those who are diseased to support his position. Dr. Gundry never pushed back... although I'm pretty sure that he recommends the same plan for E4s working on prevention. I thought Ivor had a few lightbulb moments with the importance of shellfish (vs. meat) for E4s and soluble fiber from vegetables for butyrate to promote a healthy gut microbiome. I'd be very curious to know if he makes any changes to his diet as a result of the conversation. This is an excellent talk exclusively focused on E4 mechanisms and strategies. I highly recommend it.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie G wrote:I was amusing to see Ivor working VERY hard throughout the conversation to make the distinction between those who are healthy and those who are diseased to support his position. Dr. Gundry never pushed back... although I'm pretty sure that he recommends the same plan for E4s working on prevention. I thought Ivor had a few lightbulb moments with the importance of shellfish (vs. meat) for E4s and soluble fiber from vegetables for butyrate to promote a healthy gut microbiome. I'd be very curious to know if he makes any changes to his diet as a result of the conversation. This is an excellent talk exclusively focused on E4 mechanisms and strategies. I highly recommend it.
I inferred from Ivor's comments that his sponsor, David Bobbitt, who has a high CAC score, considers himself in the diseased category. Wonder how he organizes his diet.
Tincup
E3,E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Tincup wrote:Thought both did a good job on this interview.]
I agree! Really interesting. thanks for posting.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health