Proprioception

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
summer0088
Contributor
Contributor

Proprioception

Post by summer0088 »

Ran across this interesting article regarding movement and memory (Tai Chi): https://www.awakeningfromalzheimers.com ... ur-memory/
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Proprioception

Post by NewRon »

Very interesting, thank you for posting this!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Yes, interesting. It probably also dovetails with some things I read long ago about the brain value of walking on uneven ground as opposed to flat surfaces. Thinking hiking an uneven trail instead of running around a track or down an even sidewalk.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

A similar thread here, from a couple of years ago. The thread is titled, "Slacklining: Vestibular, working memory & more."

I try to do balance exercises daily. I have a number of balance devices including an indoor slackline frame that I use most mornings. I also have a ring and sphere balance board - seen here from the underside. I have a Skillboard on order. Basically the same idea, but no ring on the underside to constrain the ball. I also use KAATSU bands during exercise that make everything much harder as they restrict venous outflow from the limb the band is on. Hence it makes even lifting light weights hard after you do, say 30 reps. I do this and then try to balance. A fairly detailed description of what is generically called Blood Flow Restriction Training is here in this IHMC presentation.
Tincup
E3,E4