keto, weight loss, hunger

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: keto, weight loss, hunger

Postby JD2020 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 pm

Thank you for the very helpful information. As I orient to all this and evaluate my very short two day experience, will someone help me understand this: I woke up this morning with 1.1 BHB and 77 fasting glucose. I did my hike. About 1 1/2 hours later, still fasting, BHB was 1.4 and still fasting glucose rose to 91. Does that mean that the exercise triggered release of glucose into my blood? And that was why I was able to roll myself out of bed and do the hike - because I still had plenty of sugar fuel in my body?

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: keto, weight loss, hunger

Postby Tincup » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:30 pm

With a 1.1 BHB, you should be relatively adapted. Exercise can trigger the release of both BHB and glucose. It is common for diabetics to see their glucose increase with exercise (however if they exercise and then eat, they can handle more carbs many times.). Also, though the glucose meter reads down to 1 mg/dL, it may be +/- a fair amount - they all are. With one experiment, I had two meters and a continuous glucose meter - actually the CGM read the sensor and also has strips they give very different readings.
Tincup
E3,E4

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”