looking for neurologist in Chicago familiar with neuroquant

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
roses
Contributor
Contributor

looking for neurologist in Chicago familiar with neuroquant

Post by roses »

Hi,
Im looking for neurologist or other doctor in Chicago familiar with ordering neuroquant. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of someone who also takes insurance

Thankyou
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: looking for neurologist in Chicago familiar with neuroquant

Post by TheresaB »

I cannot answer your question, but I have to ask if you've checked our wiki for a possible fit for you?
wiki.jpg
wiki.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
roses
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roses »

Hi TheresaB,

Thank you so much for posting, Yes, I did check that list before posting.

Thank you so much.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

roses wrote:Hi,
Im looking for neurologist or other doctor in Chicago familiar with ordering neuroquant. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of someone who also takes insurance

Thankyou
Hi roses,
A forum member used this vendor for Neuroquant to find a location: https://www.cortechslabs.com/locations/ I would suggest checking each location to be sure they actually have someone who can interpret the Neuroquant result and use the settings needed for the quantitative analysis. My understanding is that while an MRI may be paid for by insurance if your doctor (or neurologist) provides a "billable" ICD-10 code for the reason, your insurance may not cover the cost of the Neuroquant program--unless you have a strong reasons to suspect brain atrophy (for example a past history of traumatic brain injury, or clinical symptoms.)

You may want to also think about what you would do with any possible results: how will this change how you live your life, especially since it will only be a "baseline" evaluation that won't show whether you have had changes over the last 2, 5 or 10 years or what any rate of change will be for the future.
Having worked with kids with traumatic brain injuries, parents were often frustrated because an MRI often could not tell them who to expect predict 6 months or 5 years in the future. Some children showed normal MRIs and yet struggled in daily life; others showed evidence of changes from a brain injury and yet did wonderfully with adaptations and family and school support.

Good luck!
4/4 and still an optimist!
roses
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roses »

Thank you so much for the great advice!