Gallbladder pain and ketogenic diet

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
lawson415
Contributor
Contributor

Gallbladder pain and ketogenic diet

Post by lawson415 »

I am APOe 4/3. It is difficult for me to eat enough fat to be in solid ketosis without gallbladder pain. With only moderate fat in my diet, I have to eat as close to zero carbs as possible and very low protein in order to stay in ketosis. Any saturated fat such as MCT oil causes pain. I can get away with a couple tablespoons of olive oil a day. There have been times in my life when I could eat many tablespoons of olive oil a day as well as put butter and MCT Oil in my coffee. When I had that much fat, cognition mood and energy level were great.
SInce the pandemic lock down, I am not riding my bicycle everywhere and getting a lot of exercise because I have not left the property for 3 months. This could be making a big difference.
I've had an extensive history of toxic mold exposure . When I lived in a moldy house, I probably would have gotten a dementia diagnosis. I have been living in my RV in the desert for the last few years in a pretty good environment as far as toxicity. 4 or 5 years ago, my doctor gave me a mild cognitive diagnosis. This was when I was still living in a moldy house. Since moving out of there, I've had great improvement in my cognitive function and I'm working again doing hardware and software product development.
I worked with lead when I was a teenager and last year I was at the 99th percentile when given a DMSA challenge test. Since then, I've gone through something like 50 g of OSR chelator and I plan to go through another 20 g before retesting.
I've been increasing my intake of sodium nitrate which is a precursor precursor for nitric oxide that relaxes smooth muscle such as blood vessels and also the bile duct and this seems to be helping some. What are some other suggestions you might give me so I can keep my brain going when I am not ale to eat a very high fat diet? I'm considering keto salts.