Has anyone worked with any doctors at the Cleveland Clinic/functional medicine

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ShannonHasHope
New User
New User

Has anyone worked with any doctors at the Cleveland Clinic/functional medicine

Post by ShannonHasHope »

I am located in Cleveland and was wondering if there was anyone in functional or conventional medicine that is aware of and knowledgable about Apoe4
3/4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Has anyone worked with any doctors at the Cleveland Clinic/functional medicine

Post by NF52 »

ShannonHasHope wrote:I am located in Cleveland and was wondering if there was anyone in functional or conventional medicine that is aware of and knowledgable about Apoe4
Hi again Shannon (I'm the same person who responded to your other post.)

The Cleveland Clinic has a commitment to complementary medicine and brain health, so depending on your (or your parents') insurance, you may want to start there to see what they offer. Here's a few other resources from our Wiki (see the tabs on the upper right of each page for the wiki):
ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners will give you names and locations of practitioners who have either asked to be included on our site because of their work with people with ApoE4, or who have been recommended by forum members. Many of them provide tele-medicine support.

ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches may be a resource if you would like someone who is knowledgeable about health coaching and able to help you make your own plan for what to prioritize at age 24. They may also be helpful if you're struggling with anxiety right now and need someone who can help you get past this current feeling. Here's an explanation of what coaching means for your health, from our wiki Main page:
Health coaching is a client-centered process in which the client determines their own path and the coach provides the support and encouragement to make positive and lasting lifestyle changes. Coaches guide the client to create a vision for their health and help them set goals to achieve that vision. Coaches can supply information and education, work with clients to explore options, brainstorm, prioritize, set goals, help them stay accountable, explore barriers, and celebrate successes. For improving or preventing cognitive decline, health coaches can support clients as they learn about healthier lifestyle options and work to improve their diet, exercise, sleep, relaxation, social engagement or any other habits to reach their health goals. Note: coaches will most likely will not be physicians, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners, so will not be ordering or interpreting lab tests, or prescribing medicine.
You can also use Google to search for Functional Medicine professionals in Cleveland, and use the Advanced Search function on the Institute for Functional Medicine's website: https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/. Because of the extra time functional medicine doctors take with their patients, they may not accept conventional insurance (although Health Savings Accounts may be able to be used.)

"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website will show you where resources are on the forum and how to quote people so they see your post, and also how to "Search" for topics.

Don't discount your regular doctor if you have one; I have a great doctor who spends 30-40 minutes with me each time I come in with a question about possible risks--and I pay $ 15. for his wisdom in the copay.
Good luck; the search itself will make you feel empowered!
4/4 and still an optimist!
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Has anyone worked with any doctors at the Cleveland Clinic/functional medicine

Post by AKA »

ShannonHasHope wrote:I am located in Cleveland and was wondering if there was anyone in functional or conventional medicine that is aware of and knowledgable about Apoe4
Hi ShannonHasHope,

I am also in Cleveland (Brecksville) and if you want to zoom or meet-up, I'd be delighted.

In addition to the resources that NF52 shared, take a look at Kemper Cognitive Wellness and Dr. Nate Bergman. Dr. Bergman was at CCF Functional Medicine but is now the Chief Scientific Wellness Officer at Kemper. Nate also does a very informative podcast called Evolving Past Alzheimer's. His last podcast this week was about the telomere theory with Dr. Michael Fossel.

All the best,
Andrea