Reformulating my supplement stack -- what is everyone else using these days?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Reformulating my supplement stack -- what is everyone else using these days?

Post by apod »

Currently, my "daily driver" supplement stack is as follows:
  • * Magnesium (Threonate via NootropicsDepot)
    * Omega-3 (DHA-rich from various sources)
    * B-Complex (Methylated forms + Pantethine via Seeking Health and Natural Factors)
    * K2 (Full-spectrum via Innovix Labs)
    * D3 (from various sources)
    * Iodine (K Iodide from various sources)
Additionally, often some mix of the following enters into the cabinet:
  • * Curcumin (Longvida or Theracurmin from NootropicsDepot or Integrative Therapeutics)
    * Resveratrol (micronized form via Longevinex or MegaResveratrol)
    * Lions Mane (NootropicsDepot or FourSigmatic)
    * L-Theanine (NootropicsDepot or NutraBio)
    * L-Glycine (NOW Foods)
    * Tocotrienols (Doctors Best or Designs For Health)
    * CoQ10+PQQ (Jarrow or Pure Therapro)
    * NMN/NR (Alive By Nature or Tru Niagen)
    * Adaptogen (Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, etc. via NootropicsDepot)
    * Various greens / reds / protein powders (from various sources)
    * Vitamin C (Sodium ascorbate from NutriBiotic)
While supplementation is highly individualistic, I'm very curious to hear the brands and current stacks that are being taken wrt immune health, cardiovascular health, cognitive health, and overall wellness.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Reformulating my supplement stack -- what is everyone else using these days?

Post by floramaria »

apod wrote: While supplementation is highly individualistic, I'm very curious to hear the brands and current stacks that are being taken wrt immune health, cardiovascular health, cognitive health, and overall wellness.
Hi apod, I'm taking most of the things you take plus and minus a few. Not taking tocotrienols or L-glycine. My Lion's Mane intake is irregular because it is in a powder that I add to smoothies, which I don't have everyday.
My additions to your list are :
NAC ( Jarrow 500 mg 2x day) for detox support. Sometimes I switch out and take Quicksilver liposomal glutathione instead.
Fiber supplements for prebiotics. microbiome support
MegaSpore 2/day most days, microbiome
NeuroOptimizer (Jarrow, mainly for cdp Choline. also has phosphatidylcholine , phosphatidylserine, ALA., for cognition
Melatonin
Zn from 15 to 50 mg/day immune support
Lithium Orotate 5 mg. cognition
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
LBKnudson
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reformulating my supplement stack -- what is everyone else using these days?

Post by LBKnudson »

For the last six or eight years, I’ve been using my own collection of supplements based mainly on the recommendations of Dr. Russell Blaylock because he backs up what he says with solid science and references. But upon discovering Dr. Bredesen’s protocol, I’ve amended what I take to be more close to his. I don’t have Alzheimers or pre-Az but I don’t want to ever get it. So here’s my list:

Curcumin (mainly as turmeric I encapsulate myself)
Peperine
MCT Oil (recently added, may be doubling up with DHA I already take)
Synapse Vibe’s combo of: Ashwagandha, Bacopa M, Gotu K; Rhodiola, Lion’s mane
A combo called ‘Advancin’ that contains: Quercetin, Hesperidin, EGCG, Chamomile,
Bromelain, Resveratrol, Luteolin
Skullcap
Triphala
Guduchi
Guggul
Magnesium Threonate
Ubiquinol
PQQ
DHA
Probiotics (I use Langer’s 16 strain one)
Vitamin D3
Vitamin E mixed T
Vitamin B complex (with methyl B12)
P5P
R Alpha Lipoic A
Chromium Picolinate
Zinc
Huperzine A
LypoSpheric Vitamin C

There are probably more I could/should add. If anybody has suggestions I’m all ears.

I’m also in the process of making my own silica water which is a helluva lot cheaper than buying Fiji all the time.

I’m also doing the 16 hour fast to see how that works.
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

I see a couple of you mentioned zinc. Do you have a good brand recommendation That doesn’t overdo the dosage? Thanks!
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

sandyt wrote:I see a couple of you mentioned zinc. Do you have a good brand recommendation That doesn’t overdo the dosage? Thanks!
Whenever I look at zinc formulations, Zn Carnosine seems good from a gut-health + cognitive perspective. Dr's Best sells one in a modest dosage.
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

apod wrote:
sandyt wrote:I see a couple of you mentioned zinc. Do you have a good brand recommendation That doesn’t overdo the dosage? Thanks!
Whenever I look at zinc formulations, Zn Carnosine seems good from a gut-health + cognitive perspective. Dr's Best sells one in a modest dosage.
Thanks. I will take a look at that.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

I use different forms and dosages of Zn. I have low dose lozenges ,15 mg, from Life Extension. Also Quantum Therazinc lozenges, my favorites, at 14mg, that i take if I feel like I am getting a scratchy throat. I like lozenges for giving a local dose of Zn to throat. Since Zn was one of the things that was being recommended for immune boosting at beginning of coronavirus, Zn became hard to come by, briefly. I picked up whatever I could find, so now I have Zn picolinate from Thorne and also Zn Citrate from Natural Factors.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

My doctor recommends Zinc Bisglycinate, as she says it's better absorbed. I use the 15 mg one from Thorne.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by BrianR »

sandyt wrote:I see a couple of you mentioned zinc. Do you have a good brand recommendation That doesn’t overdo the dosage
Nature's Plus sells a 10mg/pill formulation which you can buy on Amazon (and presumably other standard outlets). They say "Our Zinc is manufactured with the Biotron process of amino acid chelation". (I don't know if there's any validity to that claim. Or, for that matter, any of the other formulation claims you'll read.)
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

Thanks everyone. I will research each :D