Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
giftsplash
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Post by giftsplash »

Here is one that is around 1200.

https://oliviehealth.us/products/olivie-plus-30x

I am not sure if anyone seen anything higher.
Whatnow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Whatnow »

Well, I received my order from Amphora. I have not tried it, yet. However, I thought I'd comment about the shipping. UPS ground took 6 days to get this to my door and the bottles were very warm (100 degrees F or more) when they arrived. Two of the bottles had leaked some. Not very much, but still a leak. I expect the higher temperatures (did they stop in the middle of Death Valley or something) were the cause of the minor leaks. The leak does not bother me, but the heat that might have caused it makes me question my decision to order this in late May. Probably early spring and late fall are best times for shipping. Just order a bunch while the weather is cool. I hate to think how much shipping 2nd day air would have cost.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Whatnow wrote:Well, I received my order from Amphora. I have not tried it, yet. However, I thought I'd comment about the shipping. UPS ground took 6 days to get this to my door and the bottles were very warm (100 degrees F or more) when they arrived. Two of the bottles had leaked some. Not very much, but still a leak. I expect the higher temperatures (did they stop in the middle of Death Valley or something) were the cause of the minor leaks. The leak does not bother me, but the heat that might have caused it makes me question my decision to order this in late May. Probably early spring and late fall are best times for shipping. Just order a bunch while the weather is cool. I hate to think how much shipping 2nd day air would have cost.
Good point about the optimal shipping time. Thanks for mentioning that. I hadn’t thought of the heat being a factor. My first order, placed in February, had no problem with leakage but in the order delivered last week, one of the bottles leaked pretty seriously. Lots of oily bubble wrap! I’ll hope this shipment holds me until cooler weather.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Whatnow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Whatnow »

I finally tried the very high polyphenol Chetoui EVOO. I was expecting more of the peppery aftertaste that sometimes causes a little cough due to irritation/tickle of back of throat. While it did exhibit this, it was no worse than the 400 to 600 polyphenol oils I've been using. What it did have was quite a bit more of a bitter aftertaste. I've seen mentions of this bitter taste before, but this is the first time I've noticed it. It's not at all overwhelming, and it seems like more of an after taste. Anyway. in terms of flavor, I think I prefer the 400 to 600 count oils. If it were not for the summer heat, I am sure I would buy more. Not sure how much damage is done by exposing oil to the summer heat for five days during shipping.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Whatnow wrote:The leak does not bother me, but the heat that might have caused it makes me question my decision to order this in late May. Probably early spring and late fall are best times for shipping. Just order a bunch while the weather is cool.
My Amphora deliveries usually have a slight leak including when the weather isn't that hot. We should probably bring this to their attention in case they're not aware of it. I don't know how they can stop it unless they pack and ship everything "This Side Up."
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Whatnow wrote:Not sure how much damage is done by exposing oil to the summer heat for five days during shipping.
Not sure where you live, but we live about 1250 miles from the store. My oil was shipped Wednesday and arrived Friday. During the summer, might be a good idea to ask them to ship on Monday, which would avoid a weekend delay in delivery. I typically don't see much, if any leakage and I order 12 bottles at a time (2 boxes).
Tincup
E3,E4