Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Post by Julie G »

Hi friends! I’ve maintained my relationship with Amphora Nueva to retain a discounted price for our members. They have a new shipment of a Chilean Coratina, that’s super fresh (harvest date of May 2020) with high polyphenols of 603. I recently bought a case and am loving it. From their description- “It starts off with a deceptively sweet and creamy front only to be followed by a slightly bitter center and a jolt of pungency on the finish, with classic notes of green almond and unripe banana.” If you’re unused to high polyphenol varieties, you may want to consider starting with a lower polyphenol count to acclimate yourself to the bitterness that accompanies higher polyphenols. You can reach out to their manager, (contact information below) for assistance in finding the best variety for your needs.

Normally a 750mL bottle is $21, but is available to members of the ApoE4.Info community for $16. Place your order by emailing Amphora Nueva’s Sharon Leone (snleone@hotmail.com). Be sure to ask for the ApoE4.Info discount.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Post by JD2020 »

We have a store near us, and I purchased 3 bottles of their highest polyphenol oil. Yikes! I felt like it was overwhelming the taste of the food. I finally mixed it with some bland olive oil to tame the aggressiveness of it. Do you enjoy the oil? How long did it take before you got used to it? Does the discount apply to their other, less aggressive, olive oils?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

JD2020 wrote:We have a store near us, and I purchased 3 bottles of their highest polyphenol oil. Yikes! I felt like it was overwhelming the taste of the food. I finally mixed it with some bland olive oil to tame the aggressiveness of it. Do you enjoy the oil? How long did it take before you got used to it? Does the discount apply to their other, less aggressive, olive oils?
The discount applies to all their oils :) Since you live close and aren't factoring in shipping (the cost of which they also pare down), you could start with one bottle at about 400 and settle there or work your way up. I would describe the higher polyphenols as peppery. I agree at the highest available levels diminish my enjoyment, something like how a dish that's too spicy overtakes what to me are more desirable flavors. But I do like some kick in my EVOO. If you're eating it daily I personally think you can choose a high but not highest level and benefit a lot.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

Thanks for the reply. I will dial it down and try one of the lower levels. I did this the way I do everything - 1000 mph, when starting at 50 mph makes more sense.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

JD2020 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I will dial it down and try one of the lower levels. I did this the way I do everything - 1000 mph, when starting at 50 mph makes more sense.
I'm sure you weren't the first or only to take that approach :lol:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

I don't think this oil is that "bitey." I enjoy it. Sharon was great to work with and did a super job packing the case (6 bottles in a box, two boxes).
Tincup
E3,E4
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Post by ru442 »

Tincup wrote:I don't think this oil is that "bitey." I enjoy it. Sharon was great to work with and did a super job packing the case (6 bottles in a box, two boxes).
Lol... she really knows how to package, I have first hand experience! Make sure you have boxcutters.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Lol, agree. Unpacking a Sharon-packed box counts as exercise. :lol:
FitFoodie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FitFoodie »

Julie G wrote:Lol, agree. Unpacking a Sharon-packed box counts as exercise. :lol:
Thank you so much for the information about this olive oil. My order arrived today. Indeed, very well packed :) I've tasted the Coratina so far and love it. I also got the Favolosa oil, and a white balsamic.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Julie G wrote:Hi friends! I’ve maintained my relationship with Amphora Nueva to retain a discounted price for our members. They have a new shipment of a Chilean Coratina, that’s super fresh (harvest date of May 2020) with high polyphenols of 603. I recently bought a case and am loving it. From their description- “It starts off with a deceptively sweet and creamy front only to be followed by a slightly bitter center and a jolt of pungency on the finish, with classic notes of green almond and unripe banana.” If you’re unused to high polyphenol varieties, you may want to consider starting with a lower polyphenol count to acclimate yourself to the bitterness that accompanies higher polyphenols. You can reach out to their manager, (contact information below) for assistance in finding the best variety for your needs.

Normally a 750mL bottle is $21, but is available to members of the ApoE4.Info community for $16. Place your order by emailing Amphora Nueva’s Sharon Leone (snleone@hotmail.com). Be sure to ask for the ApoE4.Info discount.
Julie, I want to thank you for sharing this vender and discount with us! I gave it a try and absolutely love the evoo! I also want to share an interesting experience: The first few times I tried it, I felt an immediate sense of cognitive lucidity, like I was more present in the here and now. It was only the first few times I had it that this happened, but something clearly went straight to my brain in this recovering CIRS group member. :idea:
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR