If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

Discount for 100% pastured beef

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
User avatar
Julie G
Mod
Mod
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby Julie G » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:35 am

Hi friends! I recently received a note from one of our long time, senior contributor and former board member, Russ Conser. Russ was among the large handful of folks who heavily contributed to our early conversations about what strategies we could use to mitigate the effects of our high risk allele. Back in 2012, when we first began working together, physicians had very few recommendation for our genetics. The only clear “consensus” was that Alzheimer’s was untreatable, could not be prevented and ApoE4 carriers were advised to eat a very low fat diet to prevent heart disease. We challenged that dogma… and more until we hammered out a protocol that continues to enhance my brain (and heart) to this day.

An important contributor to optimize health for all ApoE4 carriers is the importance of eating real food. In Dr. Bredesen’s upcoming book, we highlight the importance of choosing animal protein (for those who wish to do so) that consumes a diet as close to it’s ancestral diet as possible to yield optimal health benefits for us and the planet. When I first began researching the nutrition piece for the new book, I decided to focus exclusively on how food impacts human health and to ignore the environmental piece. I felt our plight was so urgent, that we could address the ecological element later. The more I learned, however, the more I came to realize that the healing the planet is foundational to fixing our food supply and healing ourselves. Indeed, a return to a more ancestral way of living, likely gives those with our genotype the opportunity to harness the strengths that come with our ancestral allele. I’m so proud of the important work Russ is doing to address this urgent need and very happy to pass along a discount to our members who choose to enjoy 100% pastured meat. Please see his note below.
Julie,
 
I just can’t believe how far you’ve come with the things several of us started wrestling with back on the 23andMe boards circa 2011-2012.  I truly miss being a more active part of the community lately, but life has taken my attention elsewhere.  Still, in my opinion, APOE4.info isn’t just a best practice in healthcare, it’s really part of a pioneering experiment to create a whole new approach to medicine that remains strongly science-based, but thinks in systems, not pieces.
 
As you know, my focus lately is on transforming the food system to provide healthier food by changing how it is produced.  I have been trying to figure out how we can use the power of business to fix soil to fix food to fix climate to fix wildlife habitat and to fix the health of America’s rural farm communities – no small task!  Just like Alzheimer’s, it’s a connected health *system* but this time at a place that connects the health of people to the land and ecosystems around us. 
 
We’ve now launched our company Blue Nest Beef in partnership with the National Audubon Society to put the spotlight on birds in a story about healing America’s grasslands. It turns out that grassland birds are the most imperiled of all categories – we’ve lost >50% in just last 50 years.  But we’ve also discovered that we can quickly bring them back by changing how we raise beef cattle in real and thriving pastures.  It turns out that it’s not as simple as just being grassfed, but it requires raising cattle on grass in a way that heals the ecosystem that the cattle are a key part of.  On the surface, we deliver a box of very high quality 100% grassfed beef that comes from Audubon-certified ranches and ships directly to consumer doorsteps in the lower 48 US states.  But behind the scenes, we’re on a mission to heal both people and planet.  Our business model is pretty simple right now – a subscription only program of beef or chicken boxes that can be delivered every 1, 3, 3, or 6 months. 
 
I watched your webinar w Dr Bredesen yesterday, and I am very excited about the forthcoming “End of Alzheimer’s Program” book that will give hope to families facing dementia everywhere.  It should come as no surprise that I particularly support the “Brain Food Pyramid” concept that if you eat meat, you should make sure it’s high quality wild caught, pasture raised or grassfed. 
 
So in honor of our long friendship, and with sincere gratitude for all you as a community do, I’ve set up a discount code of simply “APOE4” for all my APOE4.info friends.  It’ll be good for 15% off anyone’s first order of any box you buy at Blue Nest Beef.  Feel free to share the code with family and friends.  I know the claims and stories around all food products make choosing quality food complicated and confusing, but I can hand-over-heart promise you we’ve done all we can to conveniently deliver an amazing product that is better for both people and planet – and yes, birds.
 
If there’s any interest, I would be happy to pop over to the forum and answer questions about any of the what’s and why’s of what we’re doing.  Even though I’ve been absent for a while, you are all still “my people” and I know I would enjoy any conversation that might arise.
 
Regards,
 
Russ
 
Russ Conser
Chief Executive & Impact Officer
Blue Nest Beef
P.O. Box 1173
Fulshear, Texas 77441
Phone : +1 832 474 4764 (cell)
Email : russ.conser@bluenestbeef.co
Web: https://bluenestbeef.com
Twitter:  Russ, Blue Nest Beef

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5157
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby circular » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Julie G wrote:Hi friends! I recently received a note from one of our long time, senior contributor and former board member, Russ Conser. Russ was among the large handful of folks who heavily contributed to our early conversations about what strategies we could use to mitigate the effects of our high risk allele. Back in 2012, when we first began working together, physicians had very few recommendation for our genetics. The only clear “consensus” was that Alzheimer’s was untreatable, could not be prevented and ApoE4 carriers were advised to eat a very low fat diet to prevent heart disease. We challenged that dogma… and more until we hammered out a protocol that continues to enhance my brain (and heart) to this day.

An important contributor to optimize health for all ApoE4 carriers is the importance of eating real food. In Dr. Bredesen’s upcoming book, we highlight the importance of choosing animal protein (for those who wish to do so) that consumes a diet as close to it’s ancestral diet as possible to yield optimal health benefits for us and the planet. When I first began researching the nutrition piece for the new book, I decided to focus exclusively on how food impacts human health and to ignore the environmental piece. I felt our plight was so urgent, that we could address the ecological element later. The more I learned, however, the more I came to realize that the healing the planet is foundational to fixing our food supply and healing ourselves. Indeed, a return to a more ancestral way of living, likely gives those with our genotype the opportunity to harness the strengths that come with our ancestral allele. I’m so proud of the important work Russ is doing to address this urgent need and very happy to pass along a discount to our members who choose to enjoy 100% pastured meat. Please see his note below.

I love the way our journey leads to a reweaving of wholeness on the planet. To this end, I really like finding this on the Blue Nest Beef website (though I'm not a big fan of the subscription model and so use Grass Roots Coop):
Our Partnership with Audubon

The National Audubon Society created the Audubon Conservation Ranching program in response to steep declines in grassland bird populations. Their “green seal” empowers consumers to select products that come from lands where better management practices ensure diverse bird habitat, healthy soils, abundant pollinators, and cleaner waters.

Our beef comes from ranches that have been certified under this program.

Cool!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

User avatar
MarcR
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1753
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 pm
Location: Camas, Washington, US

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby MarcR » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:59 pm

I have been a satisfied monthly subscriber to the Prairie Ground Box since last November. Recommended!

User avatar
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:33 am

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby Russ » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:20 pm

MarcR wrote:I have been a satisfied monthly subscriber to the Prairie Ground Box since last November. Recommended!


@MarcR It of course warmed my heart to have you as one of our first customers! Providing better quality when people eat meat is where I started when I first knew many of you, and I never dreamed that it would turn out to be so important in the bigger, picture, too. I remember in my only consult with Gundry back in 2014 how he said one of the reasons we have to supplement is because soil is so badly degraded, and I told him - yea, but I'm working on another solution to that ;-).

Anyway, I am grateful for anyone who does choose better meat from us or someone else, as I truly believe it's foundational to renewing the health of both people and planet.

Russ
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5157
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby circular » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:42 am

Russ wrote:
MarcR wrote:I have been a satisfied monthly subscriber to the Prairie Ground Box since last November. Recommended!


@MarcR It of course warmed my heart to have you as one of our first customers! Providing better quality when people eat meat is where I started when I first knew many of you, and I never dreamed that it would turn out to be so important in the bigger, picture, too. I remember in my only consult with Gundry back in 2014 how he said one of the reasons we have to supplement is because soil is so badly degraded, and I told him - yea, but I'm working on another solution to that ;-).

Anyway, I am grateful for anyone who does choose better meat from us or someone else, as I truly believe it's foundational to renewing the health of both people and planet.

Russ

Russ thanks for replying. I had not put it together that Julie's post referenced a business you had and that I didn't know you were engaged in. I now see where you have emphasized that the subscription can be cancelled with one click. Hmmmm, I don't eat a lot of red meat, so I would need a new freezer, but I haven't ruled out getting one. Glad to see chicken. Forest raised pork is also amazing.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

User avatar
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:33 am

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:08 am

@circular We've tried to keep our box sizes modest - big enough to not waste shipping small volumes, and small enough to fit in most freezers. Actually, we find that a lot of our customers eat low volumes, so we give the flexibility to get a box monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or semi-annually to help hit this sweet spot. We've just started the chicken, and agree pastured/forest raised pork is amazing, but likely be a while before we add that.

Russ
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5157
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Discount for 100% pastured beef

Postby circular » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am

Russ wrote:@circular We've tried to keep our box sizes modest - small enough to fit in most freezers.
Russ

Thanks, looking at your site again I see better how the options are set up. I will likely place an order at some point, but I still need a new freezer. We're freezer space challenged here. I have a short list of things I might get a good deal on next Amazon Prime day ... hopefully this fall, but I'm not sure if they can accommodate it at all now during the pandemic. TBD
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.


Return to “Prevention and Treatment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests