eggs and choline

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
anne from california
Contributor
Contributor

eggs and choline

Post by anne from california »

Hi all,

I've been listening to the podcasts with Dr. Bredesen (and Julie G) celebrating the release of the new book, and I've heard several times now about the high value of choline in the diet. Which brings me to eggs. I am in the midst of reintros after an autoimmune protocol elimination phase (I have ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis, and am always battling unexplainable gut symptoms), and I believe eggs may be a problem. (I reintro'd just yolks after about 90 days off and had the telltale response of nausea and bowel overactivity. As these things go, there's always a chance it was for some other reason, so I will reintro again after I've recovered from a different failed reintro--walnuts, darn it!)

Besides eggs, is there another good dietary source of choline that fits within the Ketoflex 12/3 template? Supplements of any sort have been problematic for me, so I'm seeking a food source. Thank you!
60 years old, ApoE 3/3, mother and grandmother have/had late-onset dementia, eager to save brain and optimize health.
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: eggs and choline

Post by SusanJ »

anne from california wrote:Besides eggs, is there another good dietary source of choline that fits within the Ketoflex 12/3 template?
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/tools/20 ... e-database

If you scroll down past the search box, he lays out the why's and examples of foods that you can use besides choline.
anne from california
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anne from california »

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/tools/20 ... e-database

If you scroll down past the search box, he lays out the why's and examples of foods that you can use besides choline.[/quote]

Thank you, Susan!
60 years old, ApoE 3/3, mother and grandmother have/had late-onset dementia, eager to save brain and optimize health.
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

anne from california wrote:https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/tools/20 ... e-database

If you scroll down past the search box, he lays out the why's and examples of foods that you can use besides choline.
Thank you, Susan![/quote]

Adding: roasted soy nuts as a source for choline.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by sarahb12 »

My understanding is organ meats, such as liver are. There's always supplements.
E3/E4