Targets for Ketosis using BioSense

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LindsLinds
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Targets for Ketosis using BioSense

Post by LindsLinds »

Hi Julie,

I have recently helped my mother who is in her 70s get on the Protocol with one of the practitioners who trained with Bredesen. It has been 3-4 months since we started and its going pretty well.

We need to start checking she is in Ketosis more rigorously. From reading the above information would you recommend the Biosense Breath measurement device as the easiest and best tool?

Many thanks for your help and advice for Newbie !
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie G wrote:Hi Julie,

I have recently helped my mother who is in her 70s get on the Protocol with one of the practitioners who trained with Bredesen. It has been 3-4 months since we started and its going pretty well.

We need to start checking she is in Ketosis more rigorously. From reading the above information would you recommend the Biosense Breath measurement device as the easiest and best tool?

Tagging you Julie

LindsLinds, if you quote someone, it will send an email notifying them, so they are more likely to respond.
Tincup
E3,E4
LindsLinds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LindsLinds »

Tincup wrote:
Julie G wrote:Hi Julie,

Tagging you Julie

LindsLinds, if you quote someone, it will send an email notifying them, so they are more likely to respond.
Thank you Tincup !
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

LindsLinds wrote: We need to start checking she is in Ketosis more rigorously. From reading the above information would you recommend the Biosense Breath measurement device as the easiest and best tool?
If it was me, I'd do both. I'd initially test them together, then once I had a good correlation, I'd mostly use the Biosense & periodically check them together. Our biologies are all different and the devices are testing different substances.
Tincup
E3,E4
LindsLinds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LindsLinds »

Tincup wrote:
LindsLinds wrote: We need to start checking she is in Ketosis more rigorously. From reading the above information would you recommend the Biosense Breath measurement device as the easiest and best tool?
If it was me, I'd do both. I'd initially test them together, then once I had a good correlation, I'd mostly use the Biosense & periodically check them together. Our biologies are all different and the devices are testing different substances.
Thank you. Could you please explain what you mean by both? The Biosense and another tool?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

LindsLinds wrote:Could you please explain what you mean by both? The Biosense and another tool?
The Keto-Mojo will measure both serum beta hydroxybutyrate (serum ketones) and serum glucose (with two different strips.

https://shop.keto-mojo.com/collections/all
Tincup
E3,E4
LindsLinds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LindsLinds »

Tincup wrote:
LindsLinds wrote:Could you please explain what you mean by both? The Biosense and another tool?
The Keto-Mojo will measure both serum beta hydroxybutyrate (serum ketones) and serum glucose (with two different strips.

https://shop.keto-mojo.com/collections/all
Thank you Tincup for explaining this. I am very grateful for this Forum resource as I navigate this new territory.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

LindsLinds wrote:Thank you Tincup for explaining this. I am very grateful for this Forum resource as I navigate this new territory.
Here is our wiki on ketosis. https://www.apoe4.info/wiki/Ketosis_and_Ketogenic_Diet
Tincup
E3,E4
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

LindsLinds wrote: ... I have recently helped my mother who is in her 70s get on the Protocol with one of the practitioners who trained with Bredesen. It has been 3-4 months since we started and its going pretty well. !
Greetings LindsLinds, Sounds like you have made a solid start getting your mother on the protocol! I wanted to officially welcome you to the apoe4.site and point out some resources that you might find helpful. If you haven't found it already, please check out our Primer which is written by a GP and offers insights to the science behind the apoe4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression. How To Get The Most Out of the ApoE4 Website is an excellent guide for effectively navigating the site and finding information pertinent to you. Lastly, we would love to know more about you and what led you to our site, so as time allows please tell us more about your journey via Our Stories.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
LindsLinds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LindsLinds »

Sara wrote:
LindsLinds wrote: ... I have recently helped my mother who is in her 70s get on the Protocol with one of the practitioners who trained with Bredesen. It has been 3-4 months since we started and its going pretty well. !
Greetings LindsLinds, Sounds like you have made a solid start getting your mother on the protocol! I wanted to officially welcome you to the apoe4.site and point out some resources that you might find helpful. If you haven't found it already, please check out our Primer which is written by a GP and offers insights to the science behind the apoe4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression. How To Get The Most Out of the ApoE4 Website is an excellent guide for effectively navigating the site and finding information pertinent to you. Lastly, we would love to know more about you and what led you to our site, so as time allows please tell us more about your journey via Our Stories.
Thank you for this welcome Sara. This site I am sure will be a very useful resource as I begin to support my mother more and more on this program.