Report on Recode

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Report on Recode

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Hi, since everyone on this board has been so helpful to me, I thought people would be interested in hearing about my experience with Apollo Recode. I signed up for the Reverse program (now called ReCode) which is a year long program in addition to the specialized lab work. Initially, I was very disappointed and reached out to Julie Gee. I found the report very difficult to follow and the recommendations rather overwhelming, particularly in terms of the supplement regimen. Julie told me that Apollo was actively re-configuring the report, and sure enough, a few months later I had the opportunity to re-run the data. So, the new report is fantastic. Light years better and far more actionable.

I've had a difficult time communicating with Customer Service from the get-go, and this has remained consistent. I've had some lab work since my initial testing, and I am trying to figure out how to the results processed by ReCode. My Bredesen trained practitioner is an MD, and is in-network for me. This is a huge positive from a financial perspective. On the negative, it's not easy to get an appointment with her and the office is really difficult to work with. Obviously Apollo Health has no influence over this, and I consider myself lucky not to pay functional medicine fees. The doctor had the following test run based on my initial results: LIPOPROTEIN FRACTIONATION ION MOBILITY, CARDIO IQ® MYELOPEROXIDASE (MPO) , CYP2C19 GENOTYPE, Omega Check. I have an appointment with her next month to review the results. So, I would certainly recommend the program. Several years I had a doctor that was willing to sift through Bredesen's protocol and order labs for me, but I think we all know how difficult that can be long-term. This was a worthwhile investment.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Report on Recode

Post by Jmac »

I'm waiting for my results! Glad you feel it was a worthwhile investment. Good to hear the new report is fantastic, too.