Bredesen Trained doctor fees

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
AlphaLee
Contributor
Contributor

Bredesen Trained doctor fees

Post by AlphaLee »

Hi,

We are evaluating using a functional doctor. They are expensive! Does anyone have any fee's we can use to compare? We just want to know if this is what they all cost or if this one is especially expensive.

Thanks

What we are seeing:

Initial ReCODE Consultation & Intake
Includes:
• Intake Package review & analysis, 60 minute visit with
Functional Laboratory Test ordering
and written Treatment Plan, Recode report system entry
and processing, review of past labs and medical records

$ 1100

In Office Testing
ReCODE CNSVS, VCS, & SAGE/MOCA

$150

MRI Analysis (if applicable)
BRAINREADER

$280

First Follow Up Consultation
Includes your personal ReCODE Report & Treatment Plan,
comprehensive lab analysis, and design of personalized
ReCODE FPSL Treatment Plan

$ 900

Monthly Follow Up Consultation – 60 Minutes
Additional lab analysis, assessment, updated Treatment Plan,
coordination with other providers and FMHC (if applicable)

$600

Brief Follow Up Consultation – 30 Minutes $300
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen Trained doctor fees

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

That's a fortune. I was able to find a doctor in my insurance plan that was on the provider list. It's quite far away but with telehealth has been a breeze. The original FM doctor that I selected had fees that were very similar to the ones that you described in your post.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I agree. Seems super expensive and I'm not clear if this doctor is even using the actual ReCODE report or has devised his/her own algorithm... which is a little scary. By working directly with Apollo Health, for $1590 you get all "cognoscopy" labs (excluding type 3 if that's suspected) with ReCODE report(s), detailed treatment plan(s), cognitive testing (CNSVS, VCS, & SAGE/MOCA), a Brain HQ subscription, access to monthly Q & A with Dr. Bredesen, community forums, lots of educational materials, plus lots more. The only extra cost would be the practitioner, with a median cost of $400/hour. (Estimate 1-1.5 hours for first appt. and around 30 mins. for follow-ups.) If an MRI is required that would be typically covered by insurance as were many of my type 3 labs. This also includes a one year subscription.

If this estimate included labs, a ReCODE subscription & the physician cost, this price would be reasonable but I suspect it doesn't.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Julie G wrote:The only extra cost would be the practitioner, with a media cost of $400/hour. (Estimate 1-1.5 hours for first appt. and around 30 mins. for follow-ups.)
Please elaborate! Does this mean that all practitioners associated with Apollo Health are charging $400/hour?
Slacker
E4/E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Please elaborate! Does this mean that all practitioners associated with Apollo Health are charging $400/hour?
I wish. Sorry to be confusing, my "median" was auto-corrected to "media." :? I asked Apollo Health customer service for an estimate of what practitioners charge and was told "On average rates vary between $240-$550/hour, with the median around $400/hour." I think it depends upon what part of the country and the specialty of the provider.

Apollo Health is working very hard to drop their prices and is working to build collaborations between medical insurance providers. Their current lab pricing with Quest Diagnostics is way better than what I could order myself, direct-to-consumer, but the big value in working directly with them is that the labs are automatically populated into the ReCODE report. Many people try to save money by having their physician order labs, then running through their insurance provider. They often end up paying more than what they would have saved for the provider to manually enter the results into the software. I looked on their website for a list of labs and found this.

In full disclosure, I do consulting work for Apollo Health, but have never personally run a ReCODE report. FWIW, I see a physician in Berkley, who charges $750 per hour and IMO, is well worth it. He's specialty is type 3/CIRS and he's not a Bredesen-trained physician.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

AlphaLee wrote:We are evaluating using a functional doctor. They are expensive! Does anyone have any fee's we can use to compare? We just want to know if this is what they all cost or if this one is especially expensive.
Hi AlphaLee. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. The docs who don't take insurance charge a lot. I think my ReCode doc is at $650 per hour. Compared to the Lyme doc ($800 - $1000, I'm guessing, based upon the charges), she's a deal! I've been working with integrative docs since 2007. I've never seen anyone who charged less than $450 per hour, even 13 years ago.

The cost of the labs, follow up appointments, etc was breath-taking, and that was even after being accustomed to the ridiculous cost of treating Lyme & Co. But....it's really complicated. A traditional 10 minute appointment isn't going to cut it. And again, around here, compare to what other professionals charge. For example, lawsuit with insurance company, attorney $800 per hour.

Perhaps the cost is less in less expensive areas of the country. I hope this is helpful.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Perhaps the cost is less in less expensive areas of the country. I hope this is helpful.
I think you're right. The Bay area appears to be amongst the most expensive in the country. I belong to an unaffiliated Bredesen Protocol Support Group on Facebook and people have indeed reported physicians in other parts of the country charging in the the mid $200s, per hour.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:This also includes a one year subscription.
Hi Julie, can you elaborate on what the subscription is for and how much that costs after the first year?

I'd like to see the ability to do ReCode without having to use an FM practitioner, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll at least keep waiting until prices come down given how much I've improved doing so much outside of any one lab set, protocol or FM practitioner.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Julie, can you elaborate on what the subscription is for and how much that costs after the first year?

I'd like to see the ability to do ReCode without having to use an FM practitioner, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll at least keep waiting until prices come down given how much I've improved doing so much outside of any one lab set, protocol or FM practitioner.
That's great news, circ. I feel the same at the present moment as I've been able to identify and am continuing to address my biggest drivers. For others, who haven't devoted the past 6-8 years immersed in this, I think Apollo Health has a good product which they're earnestly continuing to refine.

That said, I was studying their website this past weekend looking for information and I found it very confusing. I've already had a call this AM with their acting CEO and they are working to clarify and streamline their messaging and pricing. You can learn more about what a subscription includes here, but I suspect the message will be clearer in the next few days at which time, I'll update the link. They also have a new, very reasonably priced product called PreCODE for the prevention of AD, which they haven't even begun to market yet. Those interested can read about it here.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote: That's great news, circ. I feel the same at the present moment as I've been able to identify and am continuing to address my biggest drivers. For others, who haven't devoted the past 6-8 years immersed in this, I think Apollo Health has a good product which they're earnestly continuing to refine.
That is so true about how long it has taken to do it on my own too!
Julie G wrote: They also have a new, very reasonably priced product called PreCODE for the prevention of AD, which they haven't even begun to market yet. Those interested can read about it here.
Now you're talking to me too, since I've gotten released from my mid-life, brain fog trap, at least the vaaaaaast majority of days! :D Hopefully PreCODE won't require a practitioner. I like the notion of different packages for different people.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.