Help for my sister

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Help for my sister

Post by Stavia »

Ok Ive told my sister and nephew. They took it very well. She shares my random allergies and one is fish. She lives in the US. Please can you suggest a non fish omega3 supplement.
She actually essentially practices CR without meaning to and is very lean and does heaps of excercise. I can't fault her diet otherwise.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Help for my sister

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Grass fed beef or chicken eggs is one way or two ways, grass fed butter or milk are a couple more. As far as a pill form? Not one coming to mind right now.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Grass fed chicken and grass fed cheese, the eggs I bought today have 100mg per egg, I don't know the numbers for the others but you could get quite a bit I would imagine. I can't remember if they have dha or the amount of dha compared with fish.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

I imagine if you eat goat or sheep or their cheese, etc as long as grass fed then omega 3 as well. The point being you may be able to get enough thru eating once you know how much is in goat cheese, etc.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Ovega-3, hon. Plant-based Omega 3. Good stuff - I take it. You can get it on Amazon...I'll link you later.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Stavia))) it's hard to tell family; glad it was Ok. These are the two best Algae-based DHA supplements I've found. I've used the Zymogen before.

https://www.xymogen.com/products/produc ... spx?pid=92
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Eating plant based foods to get Ala to turn into EPA and dha is very inefficient and depends on things like estrogen levels to determine how much is derived and it produces very little dha. The cold water fish such as salmon, crabs etc get their dha from eating seaweed and the dha derived from seaweeds is the same as in the fish. You can get dha from algae as well and consume it in pill form, but there will be no EPA from algae.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Hey WA - Ovega-3 has 130 mg of EPA per capsule
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Wow thanks for the support guys. You are all a treasure trove of knowledge. I'll show her the options and we'll decide together. Love you all soooo much mwah.