Eosinophilic Esophagitis and Allergies

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Eosinophilic Esophagitis and Allergies

Post by floramaria »

pharmacydoc wrote: Thanks for the info. I decided to bite the bullet and order the food sensitivity test. It's actually $ 375 , but worth it to me because some days I suffer so much with nausea and diarrhea. This way, I'll know about more foods that the 6 most common allergenic foods. I suspect that I have more than one sensitivity.
Hi, pharmacydoc, I didńt see your earlier question about the elimination diet. Now that you are getting the food sensitivities test, the elimination diet won’t be needed, but I did eliminate everything on the list for 3 weeks and then reintroduced things one by one. That is a slow process. Given that you already noticed improvements from eliminating peanuts, the results of the testing may be extremely helpful to you, and provide quicker answers.
Please report back and let us know what you learn.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

buck3Maureen wrote: I was shocked to find that the one food it said I should avoid was almonds. Everything suddenly made sense since I was using almond flour for more and more foods. I cut it out and suddenly within a week or two I had no more problems. Perhaps the elimination diet would have worked, but I might have cut out all nuts and the only nut I am to avoid is almonds. Well worth it for me.
Good Luck,
Maureen
That is fascinating, Maureen. Thanks for sharing this.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

pharmacydoc wrote:Hi Floramaria, Thanks for your quick response. Did you eliminated all of the common allergens at once? Giving up dairy, eggs, soy, corn, and nuts all at once would be difficult, so I'll try stopping one food at a time. I stopped peanut butter last week and already feel better. I'll start with dairy this weekend. Are there any books or resources that you would recommend? Carolyn
In 2012 I did an "all at once" elimination diet eliminating the 7 most common causes of inflammation (dairy, sugar, gluten, peanuts, eggs, soy and corn) that were suggested back then. After 3 weeks I started testing each category and was amazed that I had an intolerance to dairy (turns out I have an allergy to the casein in dairy). Once I learned what my reaction was (inflammation in my neck and left arm), I was able to figure out a few other intolerance foods such as avocado, salmon, rice, and oats. After a period of healing, I can now eat all foods but make sure that I minimize the foods that I know that I am sensitive to and have caused inflammation. A Health Coach could be a good resource to help you along your journey. The Wiki has a few health coaches listed here.
APOe4/4
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

I ordered the Foodsafe Extended Panel from LIfe Extension, but didn't realize that I needed to be off all antihistamines for 7 days prior to the test. So I've had to be patient and finally drew the skin prick blood samples today. Tomorrow I'll send it off overnight and then wait for the results. I'll let you know how it works out. I haven't completely ruled out the Health Coach idea, but will try it on my own at first.
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

A Health Coach could be a good resource to help you along your journey. The Wiki has a few health coaches listed here.
Would a Health Coach be able to help me lose weight as well as helping me to avoid allergens? I'm not sure how I'm going to manage in the spring with multiple pollen and mold allergies.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

pharmacydoc wrote:I ordered the Foodsafe Extended Panel from LIfe Extension, but didn't realize that I needed to be off all antihistamines for 7 days prior to the test. So I've had to be patient and finally drew the skin prick blood samples today. Tomorrow I'll send it off overnight and then wait for the results. I'll let you know how it works out. I haven't completely ruled out the Health Coach idea, but will try it on my own at first.
It will very interesting to see what you find out from the LE panel, and then how acting on that information affects you. Please keep us posted when you get the results.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

pharmacydoc wrote: Would a Health Coach be able to help me lose weight as well as helping me to avoid allergens? I'm not sure how I'm going to manage in the spring with multiple pollen and mold allergies.
I'm a lifelong rhinitis sufferer with lots of reactions to airborne allergens. When I started following Gundry's program in 2014 and became a patient in 2015. Following his eating plan reduced my rhinitis by ~80% and airborne allergen sensitivity even more.

As mentioned above, I used the Coca Pulse test to further refine what I should not eat. That improved maybe another 10% and airborne allergen sensitivity reduced to near zero.

For 8-9 months, I've been doing Wim Hof Method (WHM) breathing (3 sets of: 30-40 hyperventilation breaths followed by an exhaled breath hold to a larger urge to breath, followed by a 15 second inhaled breath hold) followed by breathing exercises to replete serum CO2, which are depleted by the WHM hyperventilation, "breathe light". The WHM seems to "reset" the autoimmune system. This has improved my rhinitis maybe 5-8% or a total of ~98%. WHM website, book, app. Author Scott Carney writes about his experience investigating and then using the WHM. His book.

Nephrologist, Jason Fung, has an excellent book, Obesity Code. I'm part of a FB group of 125,000+ where folks do very well following Jason's approach.
Tincup
E3,E4
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

Thank you, Tincup, for your detailed response. I will check out Scott Carney's book, the Coca Pulse test, and the Facebook group. I will report back with my experience.
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

I just got my results back from the Life Extension Food Safe Allergy Test. It is mind-blowing! It shows multiple allergies including milk, eggs, beef, mushrooms, almonds, pumpkin seeds, ginger, and avocado. I'm dismayed that I will have to redo my menus and cooking routines, but, at least I now know what has been making me sick.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

pharmacydoc wrote:I just got my results back from the Life Extension Food Safe Allergy Test. It is mind-blowing! It shows multiple allergies including milk, eggs, beef, mushrooms, almonds, pumpkin seeds, ginger, and avocado. I'm dismayed that I will have to redo my menus and cooking routines, but, at least I now know what has been making me sick.
Thanks for posting this, pharmacydoc. It is interesting that the test showed so many allergies. Including avocados. :o I understand your dismay at having to redo your menus; if that were my list, I’d be doing a major overhaul on my eating since I eat everything on the list. After you have eliminated those foods for awhile, please report back and let us know that works for you.