Plasmalogen question

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Davidmoshe8833
Contributor
Contributor

Plasmalogen question

Post by Davidmoshe8833 »

Hi all,

Pretty New here, first just wanted to say how grateful I am to have found such a welcoming, intelligent, and like minded community.

I just listened to the Dr. Dayan Goodenowe podcast regarding plasmalogens. I understand that he has created a phospholipid bound DHA supplement ( maybe I’m simplifying this) that is able to make it past the stomach, thus allowing higher quantities to be absorbed into the CNS.

Sounds pretty cool, looks promising, but the price point is pretty disappointing. Most supplements on his site are $200 for what looks like a one month supply. Anyone have an idea if these need to be taken on a long term basis- or is it more of a spot- checking situation where once every few months is good to sustain levels?

Also curious to know if anyone has done a pre/ post plasmalogen test using only phospholipid bound krill oil products ( or other DHA sources for that matter)?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Plasmalogen question

Post by NF52 »

Davidmoshe8833 wrote:Hi all,
Also curious to know if anyone has done a pre/ post plasmalogen test using only phospholipid bound krill oil products ( or other DHA sources for that matter)?
Hi again David,

We have several members who agree with you that plasmalogens are pretty cool and promising. You may want to check out this forum topic and see if your question is answered there. The most recent replies (p.17 if you look above the post to select a page) discuss some pricing .

Plasmalogens- exciting new evidence
4/4 and still an optimist!