What to use for Glutathione?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Sherijordan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sherijordan »

Hi all,
Our doctor has prescribed Glutathione for my mom but there's so much out there I don't know what to get. I know we want liposomal, and reduced, but other than that I don't know what's best. I've subscribed to Consumerlabs.com but they don't seem to have anything on this particular type of supplement. Have any of you used glutathione? Could you tell me what has worked for you, and what hasn't, or if there is another website you know of that gives good guidance on glutathione?
Thanks!!!
Sheriljordan
Rick
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rick »

I used Quicksilver Scientific liposomal glutathione as part of a mercury detox program. All in all the program was very effective but I don't know how much the glutathione contributed.
Quicksilver reputedly has a very effective delivery system. Their website has lots of info including webinars.
quicksilverscientific.com/
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: What to use for Glutathione?

Post by floramaria »

Sherijordan wrote:Hi all,
Our doctor has prescribed Glutathione for my mom but there's so much out there I don't know what to get. I know we want liposomal, and reduced, but other than that I don't know what's best. I've subscribed to Consumerlabs.com but they don't seem to have anything on this particular type of supplement. Have any of you used glutathione? Could you tell me what has worked for you, and what hasn't, or if there is another website you know of that gives good guidance on glutathione?
Thanks!!!
Sheriljordan
Hi Sheriljordan, Like Rick, who answered above, I have used Quicksilver Scientific liposomal Glutathione.
Their website describes how the size their nanoparticles makes for more efficient delivery. I have no way to compare it to other products, but find it to be easy to use. Can’t say how well it has worked. I take it for general detox support.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Sherijordan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sherijordan »

Rick and Floramaria, thank you for the fast response! So, you need to use a bottle of the Quicksilver within 30 days, I think I saw that on one of the sites selling it. And if you buy several bottles ahead you need to store all of it in the fridge. Is that right? We're trying to turn around a Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Mom's doc wants her on this for six months to start. Not sure if this is a detox thing, we discussed whether we might have mold in the house during our last appointment and I came away with the understanding that it didn't sound like we had a toxicity problem. She recommended a gel, I think it was Tri-Fortify Watermelon, but when I told her I needed a physician's code she told me she doesn't have an account with them and to look on Amazon. So I'm doing my own research. And feeling overwhelmed and out of my depth.
Sara Barthel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sara Barthel »

Sherijordan wrote:Hi all,
Thanks!!!
Sheriljordan
Hi Sheri, I wanted to add that liposomal glutathione appears to be much more bioavailable to the body, and that its precursor, N-acetyl-cysteine, is another supplement that I have seen success with and also happens to be less expensive. One other brand that I have seen glutathione levels increase with use in labwork is by Apex Energetics Trizomal glutathione.

Sara
nerdymel23
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nerdymel23 »

I've used various capsule versions, but they don't have the same affect on me as the liposomal glutathione. I've been using the Optimal Liposomal Glutathione by Seeking Health because their version doesn't contain soy. I've liked that one. Their capsule version with PQQ and MolyB was one of the better ones I found working on me compared to other capsules. I also picked up a bottle of Liposomal Glutathione from Designs for Health to start making comparisons. Haven't tried Quicksilver yet. I heard it was the go-to so I'll try that one after Designs for Health and see how it goes.
ApoE3/4
Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Certified Wahls Protocol Health Coach
Certified ReCODE Health Coach