Dental crown replacement with zirconia or ceramic?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dental crown replacement with zirconia or ceramic?

Post by circular »

KatieS wrote: I've had so much dental work over the decades partially due to the lack of fluoride in my childhood water, sugar gum in my teens and overaggressive dentistry. Now I have a woman conservative dentist that I trust. The past few years, I've been plagued with gum pockets which tightened up with three times a day floss (Xlent charcoal coconut floss) and ultrasonic cleanings every three months. It's my impression that starting alendronate for osteopenia has halted the decline and possibly explains my 103 y/o mom's incredible teeth. The dentist claims she would "be out of business" if everyone had her teeth/gums. She never snacks and uses baking soda, but also took alendronate for decades until the last few years. You might consider exploring if bone loss is contributing to your dental woes. Please PM me if you have any specific dental questions since I've had it all: implants, bridge, root canal splits, etc...
Shoot Katie! I had just written a fairly long reply and thought it was posted, but it seems to have disappeared completely from the planet! :( Suffice it to say it's good to see that you're still around these parts. I haven't seen any posts from you in a long time, but then I've missed a lot over the last five years. Circ
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dental crown replacement with zirconia or ceramic?

Post by circular »

floramaria wrote: “Overaggressive dentistry” is a good description of my situation. I went to the hygienist and during the cleaning complained about a tooth that was bothering me. That tooth felt “hollow” and sometimes It moved a little. The hygienist took X-rays and conferred with the dentist. The dentist said “No wonder that tooth feels loose. You have an abscess.” Because I have such a fear of oral bacteria getting into my brain, I had him pull the tooth, right then. BUT.....the tooth he pulled was not the problem tooth. It was a molar that had never bothered me in any way. Horrible miscommunication. Two months later, once that extraction site had healed, I had the actual offending tooth pulled. It was cracked at the root, and had an abscess which explained all of the symptoms, including why it was loose. My dentist insists that the first tooth he pulled did have an abscess and needed to be pulled. I don’t believe him.
Floramaria I'm sorry you went through that! In my own experience, and I think I often see this in others here, fear can be my own worst enemy to my health and bank account balance in various ways. I think reducing fear should probably be up there with address brain glucose hypometabolism as a first step in any ApoE4 protocol.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.