Thoughts/reactions to the J&J covid vaccine?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
CharityCat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Thoughts/reactions to the J&J covid vaccine?

Post by CharityCat »

I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday morning, and it caused a huge immune response. I was miserable with fever and chills all Friday night and into Saturday. I’m still feeling really crappy and sleeping a lot, and as of this morning, the lymph nodes under my arm and above my collarbone are huge and painful.

I understand that this is good, and only means that the vaccine is doing its job. I also understand that this is much better than contracting Covid. Emotionally, however, I’m refusing to admit that right now. Oh MAN, this has been rough.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

CharityCat wrote:I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday morning, and it caused a huge immune response. I was miserable with fever and chills all Friday night and into Saturday. I’m still feeling really crappy and sleeping a lot, and as of this morning, the lymph nodes under my arm and above my collarbone are huge and painful.

I understand that this is good, and only means that the vaccine is doing its job. I also understand that this is much better than contracting Covid. Emotionally, however, I’m refusing to admit that right now. Oh MAN, this has been rough.
Hope you feel better soon!

My son, who is ApoE3/4 and about a decade younger than you, got his second Pfizer shot Friday around lunchtime and reported similar symptoms starting before dawn on Saturday. He was better enough today to be out and about--hope the same is true for you soon. I often have swollen lymph nodes for weeks after a viral infection, and have been reassured by doctors who say it's a sign my immune system is mounting a strong defense. So maybe you have the immune system of a Viking Warrior Woman!
4/4 and still an optimist!
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

I got Moderna #1 near the beginning of the month and will get my second vaccination shot this week. I had no issues at all with dose #1, no idea what to expect with dose #2. My wife didn't seem to have any issues with both shots but I understand the reaction to the doses has been pretty much all over the place with no real understanding of the underlying reasons why some people are hit harder by the vaccines. I've heard immune response being a common explanation but it sounds like that is more hypothesis than anything that has been vetted. Also for the record I have no reason to believe I ever got COVID. I was tested a few times but always came back negative.