Level optimisation of dopamine's derivatives

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
dantes04
Contributor
Contributor

Level optimisation of dopamine's derivatives

Post by dantes04 »

Hi everybody, I would have a few questions about dopamine and its derivatives.

Does someone know if it's of interest to optimise noradrenaline and adrenaline levels ? And even maybe homovanillic acid (HVA), Vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) or 5-Hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) ?

If it is, is there any means to increase these levels, like some food supplement ?

Many thanks !
Maxwell_Foster
New User
New User

Re: Level optimisation of dopamine's derivatives

Post by Maxwell_Foster »

Am not a doctor and what works for me may not work for you.

I had low levels of homovanillic acid (dopamine) that were picked up in an Organic Acids (OAT) Test.

To try and increase it I:

On an empty stomach have (once or twice per day) mucuna pruriens in a glass of water with a pinch of dulse flakes (iodine). (As well as salt 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon potassium, apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon) and magnesium (KAL foods glycinate - tablet)) Allegedly, the dulse flakes activate your thyroid and help it to process the pruriens and make dopamine. In order to wash out and not have the body get used to it I don't do this on weekends.

Psychological reframing: I also try and see things in a more positive light. I think that a negative mindset can help to diminish dopamine. So i try to have "gratitude" for 3 things in my life every day and also be less hard on myself. That appears to help as well.

I believe that it all helps me to be a better version of myself.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

dantes04 wrote:Hi everybody, I would have a few questions about dopamine and its derivatives.
Hi dantes04, You had a response to your question about dopamine. It is the post above this one.
Maxwell_Foster wrote:I had low levels of homovanillic acid (dopamine) that were picked up in an Organic Acids (OAT) Test.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Maxwell_Foster wrote:Am not a doctor and what works for me may not work for you.
Hi Maxwell_Foster, thanks for responding to dante04’s question, which seems to have been overlooked until now. As a member of the Support Team, I read a lot of new posts, so I have noticed that in the two you’ve made that though you may not be a Doctor, you have a lot of valuable personal experience to share! We don’t want anyone who you are offering comments to to miss them.
In order to be sure that the person you are responding to knows they have gotten a response, it is important to use the quotation function, as I did in this post and in the one above that notified dante04 of your your reply.
When a member is quoted in this way , that generates an email saying “______ quoted you in a post.” You probably got two of those since I am quoting you twice. It is always a good policy to quote someone when you are Answering their question and especially important when the post has been up for while, like dante04’s , which is from mid April.

The simplest way to quote someone is to tap /click the quotation marks on the upper right corner of that person’s post. You can then edit the comment. You don’t need to post the entire original post, as long as you preserve the
“user name” wrote: at the beginning and the bracketed quote at the end.

Another thing you can do when quoting someone is to select Expand View after you select the quote function. You then highlight the words you want to quote and click the quotation marks. This gives you the option of quoting more than one person in your post .
A much better description of this, with companying graphics, can be found in our WiKi
"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website in the section on quoting a post. The “How To” WiKi entry is a user-friendly resource for how to quote people so they see your replies, how to search topics, how to subscribe to threads of high interest and how to send Private Messages.

Sharing information among members is what makes this community strong. Looking forward to your future posts!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
dantes04
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dantes04 »

Maxwell_Foster wrote:I had low levels of homovanillic acid (dopamine) that were picked up in an Organic Acids (OAT) Test.
Hi Maxwell_Foster. I just saw you answered to my post :)

Thank you a lot for sharing you experience about this. I'll say a word to my grandmother for whom I asked these questions.

Thanks again!