For My Fellow EVOO Epicurians

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: For My Fellow EVOO Epicurians

Post by Julie G »

For anyone who's in the market for EVOO, I just ordered a new case from Amphora Nueva. The Italian Coratina is currently their highest polyphenol count at 445ppm. It was produced in Nov/Dec of 2015. Apparently, the Southern Hemisphere varieties will be available around June. They typically have a higher polyphenol count and are priced less.

Nate continues to offer our group a discount:
Our "normal" price for most of these  oils is $21.00/750m, $14.00/375ml and $8.00/200ml. Your group will get $3 off the large, $2.00 off the 375ml and $1 off the 200ml. The new price will be $18, $12, $7.00. This price may drop in a few months when the Southern Hemisphere oils arrives, as the cost for these is a bit less. I will also offer the entire group a significant discount on shipping when they call in their order. 
I’ve found that ordering by phone with Nate is the easiest, but he’s open to doing business by email. Here’s his contact info:
nate@amphoranueva.com
(925) 310-4681
http://www.amphoranueva.com
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Oh fudge, I just paid for a huge bottle at the local emporium a couple hours ago! But thanks so much for the info. I didn't know about this and will order some more. I need another refrigerator/freezer for all my food.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Juliegee how much, roughly does your shipping cost for x bottles of x size? Actually, don't take your time on this. I'll call and give them my zip code and find out.

I'm astonished to find that my local Alfonso orders through the same suppler as Amphora Nueva but charges $30 for 750 ml rather than $21 before Amphora's $3 off. Geesh! Probably cheaper even if I pay the discounted shipping rate! I knew I was paying a lot but didn't know oil from the same source (not field) could be had for so much less. I should open an Amphora where I live and compete with Alphonso :evil:

See this page showing how many of these olive oil emporiums use the same Veronica Foods supplier. It seems they can get different oils though. Alfonso describes their current, highest polyphenol oil as one they have 'exclusive rights' to, but the Coratina has a higher polyphenol content.

All the outlets with VF noted get their oils through Veronica Foods.
http://www.extravirginity.com/great-oils/north-america

It would be interesting if VF would wholesale us bottles! Dreaming again … Oh wait! An apoe4.info private label bottle that we pay wholesale prices for and sell over the internet to make money to support our cause! :twisted:
Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Surfrank57 »

Circ, first glad u are ok, second you have a great imagination/ sense of humor. Keep it up, plus your smart.

F
Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Surfrank57 »

ahh just bought a bunch at Costco, but can never have enough oil. We Italians use to have an exclusive on that stuff, now everybody gets the good stuff........have to talk to my old relatives in NYC to see what's up with that.....haha, they were in the garbage business, if any body is from NY, u might figure it out...but years ago and they sold/ controlled some of the oil business. At least that is what I was told. .........just hearsay.

Frank
Last edited by Surfrank57 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Surfrank57 »

Julie

Do they ship to the Big Island?
F
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I'm nearly done with my first three 750 liter bottles from Amphora Nueva. It was indeed much cheaper to have their's shipped than to buy at my local olive oil emporium that gets their oils from the same supplier, Veronica Foods. In fact it turns out that Nate, whose info Julie posted earlier in this thread for getting our discount, is the son of the owner of Veronica Foods. He's been great.

I'm holding off an another order because Nate's reporting that they should get fresh South American Coratina and other oils possibly even higher in polyphenols sometime in the next several weeks.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

LOL, in Berkley now...hoping to meet up with Nate, "my dealer" in a bit ;).
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Lucky duck!!! My old stomping grounds ...
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

Juliegee wrote:LOL, in Berkley now...hoping to meet up with Nate, " my dealer" in a bit ;).
Julie-- just sent you an email. If you're free, let's meet up for dinner in Berkeley!