For My Fellow EVOO Epicurians

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: For My Fellow EVOO Epicurians

Post by Stavia »

Olivado from New Zealand? Seriously? It's internationally recognised as good?
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

Stavia wrote:Olivado from New Zealand? Seriously? It's internationally recognised as good?
This is the "EVAO" club which turned me onto it:
http://foodfamilylove.avajaneskitchen.com/trial/

In googling around, I had read they might just re-brand the Olivado stuff (or sell a similar grade product from New Zealand?) There's not a whole lot of competition in the dark glass bottled cold-pressed avocado + macadamia oil space.

I believe Olivado was the first to market the cold-pressed avocado oil while working with the Massey Food Science University in NZ:
http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/about-ma ... 027145C48A
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Aha!
I do remember my husband being very excited at the debut of the avocado oil some years ago and I've seen the Olivado macadamia oil in the supermarkets. Shall try it.
We also have a thriving little community (maybe 20) of passionate dedicated artisan olive oil producers but they don't measure polyphenols. They each produce only small batches each year and it's not cost effective, the head of their association told me. But I balance the lack of documentation against the fact that the bottles have only been on a truck for a few hours at most.
lumia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lumia »

Well, macadamia is already my standard cooking oil, since there aren't many plant oils you can use on a low inflammation diet that is heat resistant.

My source comes from Piping Rock, though.