DHA/Phospholipids/Plasmalogens !!! What to do ???

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: DHA/Phospholipids/Plasmalogens !!! What to do ???

Post by NF52 »

circular wrote:
NF52 wrote:… but the sardines don't swim up there either!
Mine do. When I look in the mirror they're staring back through my eyes.
:lol: I believe you!
4/4 and still an optimist!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

NF52 wrote:
circular wrote:
NF52 wrote:… but the sardines don't swim up there either!
Mine do. When I look in the mirror they're staring back through my eyes.
:lol: I believe you!
Oh good, I was afraid you would think I was making it up. :D
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Whatnow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Whatnow »

I also dislike sardines and fish in general. Yes, sardines used to make me gag. My approach has been:
1. Start slow with kippers (smoked herring filets) rather than sardines. I imagine I lose some of the beneficial omega-3's through the smoking, but at least I can eat them.
2. Even with kippers, my favorite technique is to smother them with mustard and either soy sauce or coconut aminos. I also imagine that drowning them with cocktail sauce (which I have always loved) would work. Perhaps even better.
3. Finally, attempt sardines. I usually mash them up and smother them with above condiments. Also, I sometimes eat them with gluten free crackers to disguise the texture somewhat.
4. Afterwards, clear out flavor of the meal (meal? I think I usually enjoy a meal more than this) with strong black coffee.
I really hate fish. However, I have gotten used to them (but I still don't enjoy them). It gets better, though. I am okay with kippers (which are just big sardines...though smoked).
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

4. Afterwards, clear out flavor of the meal (meal? I think I usually enjoy a meal more than this) with strong black coffee

Hilarious! Laughing out loud. A shot of tequila might be more effective, although not great for cognition.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I have started with lots of mustard on bread, followed by the sardines, smothered with olive oil, with a lettuce leaf on top so I can't see them. Not too bad. The mustard hides a lot of sins.