JOTROL a bioavailable form of resveratrol

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Dragon
New User
New User

JOTROL a bioavailable form of resveratrol

Post by Dragon »

I was listening to a recent podcast(SuperAge podcast) with Dr. Rudolph Tanzi and he mentioned this form of resveratrol to have high bioavailability. Attached is literature I found on it. Can't seem to find out how to purchase however.

https://alz-journals.onlinelibrary.wile ... alz.046267
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: JOTROL a bioavailable form of resveratrol

Post by floramaria »

Dragon wrote:I was listening to a recent podcast(SuperAge podcast) with Dr. Rudolph Tanzi and he mentioned this form of resveratrol to have high bioavailability. Attached is literature I found on it. Can't seem to find out how to purchase however.

https://alz-journals.onlinelibrary.wile ... alz.046267
Hi Dragon, thanks for posting this. Interesting! I did some poking around on the internet and did a search “is JOTROL commercially available?”.
From what I was able to find, it seems to be In the clinical trial state. Stage II trials for AD. Also in clinical trial for prostate cancer.
Please post here if you find it available for purchase.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Dragon
New User
New User

Post by Dragon »

ahhh ok and thank you for that! I am reluctant to take just any resveratrol supplement so was thrilled to hear of one that was recommended by Tanzi and where David Sinclair is involved. If anyone has a brand that has any proven bioavailability please share! As with all these supplements/molecules if we ingest them and they are deemed useless because of our stomach acids what is the point. This is something I struggle with. Thanks again!
NoNotMe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NoNotMe »

Hi DRAGON,

Welcome to apoe4.info and thank you for your thoughtful approach to a needed area of research. You are in the right place to share these ideas with many curious participants. I'd like to share a few useful links with you to help familiarize you with this site and stay engaged going forward.

First is the HOW TO GUIDE. This will help you get the most out of the ApoE4.info website and explains how to use the quotes button so that the other members receive an email notification of your reply. It also shows you how to search for topics and subscribe to topics of interest.

Here is a link to the PRIMER which was written by one of our member physicians, Stavia, who is APOE4/4. It is great introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies in addition to exploring areas such as the science behind the ApoE4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression. It is a wealth of information and a great place to start and to come back to time and again!

Lastly our WIKI offers a wealth of additional information and details the muti-factorial approach to taking control of your brain health. The Wiki is especially useful for searching specific topics of interest.

We would love to know more about you and invite you to share your journey by creating a new topic in OUR STORIES. Everyone has a story and we'd like to know yours!

We hope to hearing from you!

Erin
Functional Medicine Health Coach
Integrative Nutritionalist
Hboroughs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hboroughs »

Longevinex is a brand that numerous people have recommended in this forum. I don’t think the brand is without controversy though so I think you should research it some before deciding. I haven’t heard any news about it in some time.