Forum Survey: Will you microdose aducan?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Forum Survey: Will you microdose aducan?

Post by floramaria »

J11 wrote: Yet, for the actual cost of microdosing it might be fairly reasonable; the mouse dosing was ~1,000 fold less than therapeutic doses. The question of dosing is somewhat unclear for humans. The high marginal rate of amyloid clearance for the dollar for microdosing might offer a compelling increase entive to consider such a strategy.
I’ve been thinking about this since you asked, J11. Now that aducanumab has been approved by FDA and microdosing is at least theoretically possible, here’s my personal decision:
If I could go back in time a few decades, and take my microdosing aducanumab with me, injecting tiny amounts daily through an aducanumab tattoo, for example, it would appeal to me more. Or a transdermal patch. But we aren’t there. I don’t see how realistically an expensive drug that is given intravenously once a month is going to be available any time soon for off-label use. EspecIally not off-label use I could afford. And as you have mentioned in other posts, we also don’t know what the optimal microdose would be. Too many unknowns for me, at the present time. ( Though I reserve my right to change my mind.) Considering my age, my health, my risk factors and my experiences so far in life, I am opting to stay with the lifestyle interventions of the ReCODE Protocol rather than microdosing. Something that has been shown to reverse cognitive decline, not just slow it, feels like a better bet.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health