For those with high LDL-P

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: For those with high LDL-P

Post by Tincup »

circular wrote: My TG/HDL, sdLDL and oxLDL are all good. I'm still flumoxed by mildly but chronically elevated hsCRP, which may be from chronic bursitis (?). Does he ignore:

myeloperoxidase (moderate risk)
fibrinogen (moderate risk)
symmetric dimethylarginine (intermediate risk)
asymmetric dimethylarginine/arginine Ratio (high risk)

These non-optimal results, going by the lab ranges, are rather outdated from 2013 and 2015 but stick in my mind.
He tests all of those. Other than the big players like Quest & LabCorp, the "specialty" lab companies he likes to use are in a state of financial flux, so what gets tested can change over time due to externalities.
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: For those with high LDL-P

Post by circular »

Tincup wrote:
circular wrote: My TG/HDL, sdLDL and oxLDL are all good. I'm still flumoxed by mildly but chronically elevated hsCRP, which may be from chronic bursitis (?). Does he ignore:

myeloperoxidase (moderate risk)
fibrinogen (moderate risk)
symmetric dimethylarginine (intermediate risk)
asymmetric dimethylarginine/arginine Ratio (high risk)

These non-optimal results, going by the lab ranges, are rather outdated from 2013 and 2015 but stick in my mind.
He tests all of those. Other than the big players like Quest & LabCorp, the "specialty" lab companies he likes to use are in a state of financial flux, so what gets tested can change over time due to externalities.
I find the role of labs and health tech in the functional medicine industry to be interesting. If only we had an xray lens that could see all the financial transactions between labs/health tech, their suppliers, the patient and doctors who order through them etc. … I'm not at all comfortable with the lack of financial transparency in functional medicine, but it's a network of private businesses and they don't have to divulge this kind of information. I think their intentions are good and they're all trying to make a living. I guess I'm just skeptical — without anything to justify it I must add — of markups and what level of lifestyle those involved hope to support from income ultimately coming in from patients, many of whom aren't doing so well.

But I digress haha! No need to reply to all that ;)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.