Sertraline and Apoe 4/4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ZIMAND
New User
New User

Sertraline and Apoe 4/4

Post by ZIMAND »

I am a 35 yr old female who recently found out I have 2 copies of apoe4. I have been taking sertraline for 3 yrs.
I see conflicting information on sertraline and dementia risk. It looks as if some anticholinergic SSRIs increas AD risk. However Sertraline is not anticholinergic and may be a protective factor.
Anyone been exploring this topic and have any info/resources?
Lidaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sertraline and Apoe 4/4

Post by Lidaz »

ZIMAND wrote:I am a 35 yr old female who recently found out I have 2 copies of apoe4. I have been taking sertraline for 3 yrs.
I see conflicting information on sertraline and dementia risk. It looks as if some anticholinergic SSRIs increas AD risk. However Sertraline is not anticholinergic and may be a protective factor.
Anyone been exploring this topic and have any info/resources?
Hello ZIMAND and welcome. We are so glad you found us!

Thank you for sharing your story and joining the ApoE4 community. It’s commendable that you are taking control of your health and have a desire to learn and seek out solutions that work for you.

If you select the 3 vertical dots on the right hand side of the website, next to your login id, you can search for topics in the various forums. I have done this for Sertraline and here is the link to the results which you might find helpful. Search results for Sertraline. Other contributors knowledgable on this subject may respond to your post or you can reach out to those who have previously posted on the subject.

You may also find the Primer helpful as it is a great introduction to APoE4 and possible prevention strategies.

Being new to the site, be sure to check out the How-To Guide which has tricks and tips for getting the most out of the discussion forums.

I hope you will continue to find the site helpful on your health journey and if there is anything else you want to know and can't find it on the site, please don't hesitate to ask! :D

warm regards,
Lisa
Lidaz
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach