a novel strategy to fight dementia.

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: a novel strategy to fight dementia.

Post by circular »

I'm wondering if it would help to set up a poll with background on this followed by choices:

I am asymptomatic and interested in participating
I am symptomatic and interested in participatinig
I may have family who are e4, asymptomatic and interested ...
I may have family who are e4, symptomatic and interested ...
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie,

So far so good. I'm not sure she totally understands the ramifications. She's heard me talk about my situation, though. I asked if she wanted a 23andMe test when I ordered them for my kids (after I'd learned my status). She got it and last night ran the results through Prometheus. Of course the first thing on the list is 4,4. We have a lot on our plate as we're buying a house together, moving and selling our current houses & planning a (rock climbing) wedding in the spring.
Tincup
E3,E4
Sandraz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandraz »

Hey Julie,
Put me down please! And thanks! How exciting!
Sandra
Sandra Z
E4,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I wonder if they'd want to add the low blue lights (love those night lights and iPhone screen cover!) and HSV protocol as appropriate to their banquet of treatments? And olive oil? Others things we do? Getting tired so heading off for my eight hours!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Congratulations, George!!! A rock climbing wedding; I'd expect no less from you :D
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

George...wow, that's certainly disappointing news on your fiance's apoe status. However, looking for that silverlining, what a really great partner she has in you with all of your experience and knowledge! A rock climbing wedding sounds SO cool, the pics would be epic! Good luck on all the upcoming happy changes in your life!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

GeorgeN you sound like you know how to live large - congratulations! If you want to be in the study, they might take a rolling entry after your wedding when things have calmed down? I notice they have additional people in the protocol who just aren't in the paper, so maybe haven't been in long enough. Cheers to such fun changes for you!
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

Yes am interested. Thank you Julie for contacting Dr. B you rock!!!
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Julie, I'm interested in joining this study. As you can see from my lament about my PCP's reactions, having an expert's protocol would such an opportunity. The fact that his system mentions to "exclude sleep apnea" TWICE, sealed my respect for their work.

What ages does he want to recruit? My mom is game for any study and has participated in a few in the past.

Usually a study cannot give you results of you labs, scans or LPs, or is this set-up to intervene with multiple therapies, and just serially observe and test as to what occurs?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Kit, I'm guessing your last option- at least that's what I got from his email. This appears to be an opportunity for an intervention with multiple therapies; then serial observation, testing, AND modification of therapy in response to testing. I have no details yet. As you can see from Dr. Breseden's note to me, he's just gauging our interest at this point. He seems genuinely interested in working with us to expand this research base. As soon as I learn anything else, I'll post.

I'm thrilled so many want to participate. I, too, think this is an amazing opportunity :D