Lexapro - sleep - increased HBA1c

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Lexapro - sleep - increased HBA1c

Post by floramaria »

mcpemberton2000 wrote: Thank you Floramaria. Great tips. I have the Chili Ooler but it's in for repair :) - maybe that's why I've been waking up hot. I've found it helpful too. I've not heard of low dose naltrexone. I'll have to research that topic here on the board. As I mentioned to Circular, I'm going to look at the Qigong and the audible books is a great suggestion as well. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Very helpful.
You are very welcome! Sharing our personal experience is one of the strengths of this website. I am passing along what I have gathered here! I first learned about ChiliPad, Ooler, and low dose naltrexone (aka LDN) from posts here a few years ago. I asked my doctor about LDN and she agreed it might be helpful for me.
Since there are probably a thousand (+?) qigong exercises on YouTube, I’ll point you to a couple I like to follow at night. For beginning qigong, I think the Lee Holden 20 minute evening qigong is a good one. Easy to follow. Very peaceful. I also like some of the “Brother Insight”qigong videos at night ie “qigong for Healing and Calming Body and Mind “. He has a whole range of qigong, and some of them are quite intricate. So look for calming/relaxing/evening qigong if you are looking on YouTube. some qigong exercises are designed to be more stimulating and are better in the am.
Please let us know if any of these help you!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

floramaria wrote: Since there are probably a thousand (+?) qigong exercises on YouTube, I’ll point you to a couple I like to follow at night. For beginning qigong, I think the Lee Holden 20 minute evening qigong is a good one.
I second Lee Holden for beginners. I followed his morning routine in the beginning. I now have a growing "collection" of YouTube qigong routines in my YouTube account. I can click the collection and choose which one I feel like I need the most at any given time. I'm trying to keep it from growing too big too fast. Qigong is a great adventure into mind/body integration if the approach suits you. I haven't found suitable classes nearby, especially because of the pandemic, but these free, online, qigong resources are quite educational and diverse.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
FitFoodie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FitFoodie »

I was able to drop down to 5 mg Lexapro about 6 months into starting the med 1 1/2 yrs ago. Your wife could try that if you're concerned...at the direction of her Dr of course, and me personally, I did a long 7.5 mg step down (1 pill one day, 1/2 pill the next).

I felt my runaway anxiety was by FAR a greater risk factor for Alzheimer's than anything the med might do to me.

Anyway, this study is also somewhat reassuring and why I'm fairly content to hang at my half pill rather than wean off it.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32913021/