Post examples of your meals here

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Post examples of your meals here

Post by circular »

Hey that looks like a new 'Bluetooth' version. I have the Duo 60 (70?). I don't know what new features the one you linked may have.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

IMG_2051.JPG
I try to buy the best ingredients whenever possible, including grass fed, non gmo, organic, wild caught or responsibly farmed, free range, etc... I am aware that a year or two ago I would have :roll: at someone else for this!

*Green smoothie with fresh vanilla bean, salmon with mixed veggies, brussels with bacon and pine nuts (omg I Love!), Zoodles with ground meat and fresh parm.

By the way those are not mashed potatoes... my favorite mashed cauliflower with secret ingredient, ha!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ε4/ε4
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

ktg000 wrote:Now I've been using the chronometer for a bit here are my meal ideas. Any comments gratefully received.

Breakfasts
Most days - mix of nuts and seeds, flaxseed, small amount of buckwheat with raisins (from a packet, you're meant to have the whole packet for one breakfast but I spread it over 4 days), chopped up Apple, skimmed milk.
Once a week - gluten free porridge oats with skimmed milk and raisins

Lunches
Salad! Spinach, watercress, rocket, cucumber, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, olives, extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar, maybe also red onion, radish, pine nuts with one of:
Half fat mozzarella
Hummus
Sardines
Tinned salmon
Mackerel

Snacks
0 fat natural yoghurt and blueberries
Seeds with tamari sauce
Light babybell (Edam cheese)
Gluten free toast with lightly salted butter containing some olive oil. I know I shouldn't have this one. I just love toast.
Olives

Dinners
Prawn stir fry with veggies, no noodles
Spag Bol with 5% fat mince (can't easily get hold of grass fed or organic lean so is not organic), shredded carrot instead of pasta
Mediterranean veg with mackerel
Organic chicken with kale and gluten free gravy
Wild salmon with mashed cauliflower with olive oil and broccoli
Boiled eggs with asparagus
I did have a take away gluten free pizza last week with 1/3 fat mozzarella!

Desserts and treats
85% cocoa chocolate - 15g
Half of a bar I've found made of cashews, dates and cocoa
Approx 2 glasses red wine a week

Supplements
Turmeric
Vitamin D 1000u
Vitamin B (folic acid, b6, b12, twice a week) but contains normal version of folic acid - could that be bad?!)
Magnesium
Vitamin c
I have resveratrol in the cupboard but not used it.
K
You are so good eating your mackerel and sardines! I just purchased my first can today but starting with the boneless cuz yuck! Need to start somewhere... apparently us beginners can mash it up with some avocado and wrap it in a lettuce leaf and then neato burrito! Stay tuned, we'll see.

I also take turmeric and now Minerva curcumin and just alternate them. Also omega 3-D from Nordic Naturals, a multi vitamin, some probiotics and occasionally potassium and magnesium ..... Waiting on blood results to determine others.. Looking into mitochondria support and the resveratrol, NAC

Love my 86% chocolate so much. I am usually able to eat a few squares at a time.

Thanks for sharing! Definitely adding some gluten free pizza to my meal plan.
ε4/ε4
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

ktg000 wrote:Ps I have been exercising 2-3 times a week but only for about 30 minutes and must admit I don't like it!
I've lost nearly 1 stone in weight since I started
One thing that worries me (bit random) is that I smoke an electronic cigarette and it does make my nose sore. Would this inflammation possibly cause me a problem do people think?
I hope you're all well and thank you so much for all the help you've given me. I hope if my meals are ok they will give people some ideas too, we definitely need a cookbook!
K
Hey, ktg.......that is a brilliant idea, a cookbook!! What a great idea. Fundraiser for this site and possibly putting on a conference of our own? Anyone know a publisher? Dreaming Big Here! :)
ε4/ε4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hey, ktg.......that is a brilliant idea, a cookbook!! What a great idea. Fundraiser for this site and possibly putting on a conference of our own? Anyone know a publisher? Dreaming Big Here! :)
I love it!!! I keep getting requests for something like this. Please keep posting your pics and meal ideas here. I'm putting this idea on the agenda for when our board of directors meet in the spring.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Might there not be a problem with confusion over whether the cookbook is making clinical recommendations not supported by science? How to draw the line?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Might there not be a problem with confusion over whether the cookbook is making clinical recommendations not supported by science? How to draw the line?
Clearly, we have lots to hammer out ;) . My initial thought was that as carriers of the ancestral allele, we'd use clean whole foods with low (or no) grains for our dietary components and let biomarkers dictate macronutrient ratios.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

I've been playing with using maqui berry in different ways. Not bad brewed into coffee and loose tea!

Patagonian "black" green tea:
maq.png
http://www.delphinol.com/anti-inflammation/
http://www.delphinol.com/anti-oxidant/
http://www.delphinol.com/metabolism/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greenie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Greenie »

I make a simple green tea latte with
1 tsp matcha (organic from O-Cha.com is my favorite)
1 cup unsweetened flax milk (Good Karma brand)
1/4 tsp vanilla
Several drops of stevia or pure maple syrup if needed

Whisk the matcha with a little boiling water first, then add the flax milk and other ingredients. Heat until hot and enjoy.
*This is only good if you already enjoy the taste of Matcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ERK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ERK »

Tonight's dinner:
Baked purple sweet potatoes
Butter lettuce salad with hearts of palm and a "creamy dressing" made from avo, EVOO and ACV blended with some herbs.
Baked wild salmon with lemon and dill
Roasted Brussel Sprouts (avo oil and Maldon sea salt )
Fermented red cabbage kraut

Normally I meal plan one day in advance, I have no idea what to make tomorrow.