NBC Nightly News & Dr. Isaacson Tonight

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: NBC Nightly News & Dr. Isaacson Tonight

Post by circular »

Stavia I looked at ConsumerLabs for cocoa also and I'm eating the Baker's bittersweet baking chocolate. Not sweet at all, but it's the right amount of flavanols and for the best price, if I recall correctly. Without *any* sweetness it's more like eating cocoa nibs and I've no desire to eat more than the two pieces, and barely enough to eat those (even though I do like some bitterness)! I do find if I toss it into my Blectec veggie/fruit smoothies I get the cocoaness without it being overly bitter which I like.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Circ if I lived in the US I'd chose it. The capsules are easier to ship here cos they more condensed and MAF is tricky about impoting food
RichardS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Re:

Post by RichardS »

Stavia wrote:
apod wrote: It's also worth noting that chocolate SFA is largely stearic acid, which is often shown to be neutral on LDL / cholesterol numbers.
Thanks Apod, I didnt realise this. The devil is certainly in the detail huh.
There was also that small study I previous quoted that showed lipid effects of individual saturated fatty acids according to APOE genotype. The E4's showed no change from stearic acid while pretty much all the others were detrimental.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Re:

Post by Stavia »

RichardS wrote:
Stavia wrote:
apod wrote: It's also worth noting that chocolate SFA is largely stearic acid, which is often shown to be neutral on LDL / cholesterol numbers.
Thanks Apod, I didnt realise this. The devil is certainly in the detail huh.
There was also that small study I previous quoted that showed lipid effects of individual saturated fatty acids according to APOE genotype. The E4's showed no change from stearic acid while pretty much all the others were detrimental.
ok so my sat fat from chocolate doesn't count? I can go back to it?