Stavia wrote:Only took a month of the methylated thingies as per Bredesen and homocysteine already 7.3. Woot. One third reduction. Happy dance.
Did you ever start with Niacin? If so, remember Gundry's comment to me that it will make it difficult to lower homocycteine.
no I hadn't yet. I'm doing one thing at a time very slowly as I feel that I have time to be very careful and deliberate. I know I have a leaky BBB, I am very sensitive to CNS effects of things plus the flipping allergies. My order of introducing thingies has been
1. curcumin over a year ago in my first flush of enthusiasm when I joined the forum as it was the flavour of that month. Wouldn't be my first choice now but I'm tolerating it well so it's good. if I double the dose I get heartburn, so I'm on one capsule only.
2. vitamin D3 some months later and then Vitamin K after 2 months of that
3. HRT. Still trying to optimise the dose.
4. Zinc but made zilch difference to my zinc levels so I've put it in the too hard basket now that evidence appears to be extremely grey for the "normal" range and dropped it
5. cocoa extract capsules around January when I realised I couldn't get enough flavanols without half my daily calorie allowance and all my saturated fat being chocolate
6. homocysteine thingies a few months ago and now the methylated ones a month. Tolerating them OK, so that's good.
my next plan might be the mitochondrial support thingies as per Julie. I have a line of bottles on my dressing table, including mag threonate.