Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Julie G »

Please join us for our first ever ApoE4.Info Meet-up, May 27-28, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since most of us learned about our APOE ε4 status, we've been on a hunt for answers on how to best prevent both Alzheimer's and heart disease. We're taking our search to some of top experts in both the fields of neurology and cardiology. This is an amazing opportunity to meet and spend time with these researchers and clinicians who are hard at work on the APOE ε4 puzzle. Below is our itinerary. Please RSVP so that we can let each venue know how many to expect:

May 27th

9:45AM-Arrival at The Buck Institute for Research on Aging located at 8001 Redwood Blvd. Novato, CA 94945.

10:00AM- Tour of the facility

11:00AM- Talk by Julie & Dr Dale Bredesen

12:30-1:30PM Lunch and Q & A time with Dr. Bredesen. Lunch will be prepared by chef Rebecca Katz, author of The Healthy Mind Cook book for $10. Participants will receive a complimentary copy of her book.

3:30-4:30PM- Q & A session with Dr. Ronald Krauss focused on APOE ε4, Heart Health, and Diet located at CHORI, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, California 94609

5:15PM- Dinner and socializing at the Heirloom Mission Garden Cafe located at 2085 Vine St, Berkeley, CA 94709

6:45PM- Following dinner, we'll enjoy a semi-private screening of The Widowmaker, an award winning documentary emphasizing the importance of EBT screening in preventing cardiovascular disease- courtesy of Victoria Dupuy with No More Broken Hearts

May 28th

1:30PM- Arrival at Gladstone Institutes located at 1650 Owens Street San Francisco, CA 94158.

1:45 - 2:30 PM: Meet with ApoE NewCo CEO, introduction of the ApoE NewCo, Q & A opportunity

2:30 - 3:15 PM: Dr. Robert Mahley introduces his lab apoE research and drug development, Q & A opportunity

3:15 - 4:00 PM: Dr. Yadong Huang introduces his lab apoE research and drug development, Q & A opportunity

4:00 - 4:30 PM: Gladstone lab tours

5:00PM- Dinner and socializing at the Mission Rock Resort located at 817 Terry A Francois Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94107.

My husband, Bruce & I will be there. We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

RSVP here? My wife and I will attend all events listed above.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Starfish77 »

I will attend all events including lunch on May 27.
Great job Julie!
Starfish
Last edited by Starfish77 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

YES, please RSVP here. I'm greatly looking forward to meeting you all :D
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

My wife & I will attend. Looking forward to it!
Tincup
E3,E4
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

What an accomplished schedule of speakers put together by Julie! My husband & I will attend.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Couldn't keep me away. Yes!!! And thank you so so much for the hard work in arranging
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm so excited that we gave such a great group. I know others have expressed an interest, so please don't forget to RSVP here.

I'm getting some emails about setting up some group meals and adding those to our itinerary. I love the idea. Spending time with everyone is as important to me as meeting with our amazing presenters.

How about if following our meeting with Dr. Krauss, we caravan over to the uber-healthy Mission Heirloom Garden Cafe in Berkley @ 5PM? (I think they're geographically quite close.) That would give us a terrific opportunity to spend quality time with one another- especially the folks not staying in our commune.

Perhaps following the Gladstone Institute meeting we could trek over to the Pier 39 area (geographically less than 4 miles away) and eat somewhere there. I even like the fresh seafood sold from vendors on the pier, but would love restaurant suggestions. IMO, no trip to San Fransisco is complete without taking in the amazing energy from that area. The quintessential sea lions, shops (Ghiradeli Square) and scenery are a must-see.

Please share your ideas so I can make additions to our itinerary.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Hey Julie,

So you have an accurate count. Though they haven't responded here yet, both rep & karelena have responded to me recently confirming they are coming to participate in everything and staying at the house with their husbands. karelena said they are leaving Thursday evening.

Thank you again for all your work in putting this awesome opportunity together!!
Tincup
E3,E4
SarahAnne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SarahAnne »

My father and I will definitely attend the Buck events. I live in San Diego and am working on making arrangements for my kids and husband while I'm gone. If I can make it work, I would stay longer and attend Dr. Krauss and Gladstone too. But I don't know for sure yet and will keep you posted. Phenomenal itinerary...