Near Infrared Light for Alzheimer's - Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer’s disease-related

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Near Infrared Light for Alzheimer's - Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer’s disease-related

Post by rep »

I know this is unusual. I was looking at near infrared for a muscle/nerve condition I have. It is a condition I believe may be connected to mitochondrial dysfunction, among other things.

I came across this study. For those scientific techie types out there, what might I buy and devise on my own as a do-it-yourself project? My problem area is in my hips. But, apparently it'd be useful to apply to my brain as well.

Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer’s disease-related pathology in cerebral cortex – evidence from two transgenic mouse models
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3978916/
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Near Infrared Light for Alzheimer's - Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer’s disease-rela

Post by ApropoE4 »

Humans have thick skulls. To get that light into your cortex you're going to have to use a drill, which I assume you don't plan to do at home. :D
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Near Infrared Light for Alzheimer's - Photobiomodulation with near infrared light mitigates Alzheimer’s disease-rela

Post by J11 »

We bought a Virulite. Probably wouldn't help, though when you are desperate you try things.