Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Julie G »

Thanks to all who've RSVPed for the events. Please continue to do so, so that I can have an accurate number to give to the venues and restaurants. I'm really looking forward to it :D

I wanted to briefly touch upon privacy concerns. The event at The Buck is public and will be professionally videotaped and shared on our site. During my talk, I will give all E4 carriers the opportunity to stand and be recognized. (EDIT: because of the camera angle, only your backs will be videotaped.) You are free to abstain. Bear in mind that many of us will have brought non-E4 family members or friends, so the mere fact of sitting with us will not identify you. Additionally, everyone is obviously free to sit wherever they'd like.

Neither our lunch and Q & A session with Dr. Bredesen, nor our meetings with Dr. Krauss and Gladstone visit will be videotaped. They will be smaller, more intimate gatherings and it would be impossible to provide privacy if we videotaped them. Instead, I will ask everyone in attendance to act as reporters for the larger group. We will do our best to report information back to the site. Please feel free to let me know if I'm overlooking any other concerns you may have about the event.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Just when I thought our conference couldn't get any better... it did :D I was contacted today by the folks at Frontline Preventative Imaging in Boulder, Co, who along with Dr. Bill Blanchett, put together the EBT information George recently shared in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1355. They've very generously offered to come to arrange a screening of "The Widowmaker" just for us. The owner of the Mission Heirloom Garden Cafe is very excited to host us and screen the film there. They love our mission and the film's message and want their diners to be able to see it as well. Following our dinner @ 5PM, plan to enjoy a "semi-private" screening of The Widowmaker.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie,

Wow! You've done a spectacular job of organizing!!!

I would urge all who plan on attending to listen to Dr. Blanchett's CD's I've linked here, before coming. It will then serve as background information & we can elevate the discussion we have.
Tincup
E3,E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Oh my. Oh my. Happy dance!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm really excited to be seeing this important documentary with you all. As we will see it following our meeting with Dr. Krauss; the timing will be perfect. The message is particularly suited to our community and dovetails beautifully with our agenda.

George, I give you all of the credit for making this possible. Lindsay, with Frontline Preventative Imaging saw your posting and was so impressed with it (you) and the subsequent response from the community, that she generously offered to share the film during our conference.

Everyone I've approached has been extremely generous and kind to our community in making our first gathering possible. I'm truly humbled and greatly appreciative. I hope more of you can join us. It's not too late to RSVP.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

Julie - What do you think about extending an invitation to Dr. Krauss to join us at the Mission Heirloom Garden Cafe for dinner and especially for the screening of "The Widowmaker?"

(I've been ill and rather inactive on the forum lately so I'm behind on all the topics but DO count my husband and me in on everything!)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Sorry you're not feeling well, Rep :? Hope you heal soon.

I like your idea of including Dr. Krauss. I'm not sure, however, how he feels about the use of EBTs. As I recall, Dr. Daysping was opposed to them...and CIMTs. FWIW, I did ask Dr. Krauss about screening the film immediately following our meeting; he wasn't keen on the idea. I will still invite him when I next confirm our meeting- just as a show of our appreciation. I'm also planning on giving a Mission Heirloom gift certificate to him and all of our speakers.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Potential Traffic Jam Alert for Bay Area Meet-up

Post by rep »

This has the potential to be a contributor to traffic gridlock. Heads up. Closures such as this tend to divert traffic to the other bridges and major back-ups follow. I would not plan on crossing the Golden Gate Bridge at all during this time frame but it has a very strong possibility of causing traffic jams elsewhere, including the San Francisco/Oakland and Richmond/San Rafael bridges as well as through the city of San Francisco and possibly I-580 on the Oakland/Berkeley side of the bay. Darn it. You never know. Sometimes people learn of the alert and avoid traveling. But, this alert covers days people need to commute to work so I'm not very hopeful. You may also want to allow extra time in your travel schedule.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5414002/?sub_id=2235079
Community: Doyle Drive to close (05/28 - 06/01) - Expect Delays on/near Golden Gate Bridge

Dear Nixle User,

An extended weekend closure of Doyle Drive is planned for May 28 through June 1, 2015. This closure is expected to cause MAJOR delays for Golden Gate Bridge traffic.

During the closure, the Golden Gate Bridge will remain open, but the primary approach (Doyle Drive) will be completely closed. Drivers are asked to avoid the closure areas.

Doyle Drive will be CLOSED from:
Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM to
Monday, June 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM

During the closure, Golden Gate Bridge southbound traffic (from US-101 SB) will be diverted to the SR-1 / 19th Avenue exit. There will be NO access to the Marina district.

Access to US-101 NB will be limited to the SR-1 / Park Presidio entrance. Significant delays are expected on this route.

GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE:
The Golden Gate Bridge will REMAIN OPEN during the closure. Motorists should expect major delays, especially during Friday commute periods. Alternate forms of transportation are encouraged.

GOLDEN GATE TRANSIT SERVICE:
GGT Transit users should expect significant delays on all trips into San Francisco. Local service within Marin County will not be affected.
- Commute Service: Routes 92 and 93 will NOT operate. All other routes will operate on a detour after crossing the GGB and some stops will not be served.
- Basic Service (Routes 10, 40, 42, 70, 101/101X) - Regular Weekday

GOLDEN GATE FERRY SERVICE
Service will be added on both the Larkspur and Sausalito routes, including:
Larkspur Route: Late Night / Early Morning trips throughout the weekend
Sausalito Route: Late Night trips throughout the weekend
Giants Ferry: Service will operate between Larkspur and AT&T Park

Complete details about the construction project can be found here: http://www.presidioparkway.org/weekendclosure/
More information about Golden Gate Transit options can be found here: http://goldengate.org/news/doyleclosure ... ay2015.php
Contact Information:
Daniel Hill
Golden Gate Division
707-648-4180
301PAO@chp.ca.gov

For full details, view this message on the web.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for alerting us to that confounder, Rep. Luckily, our meetings will be concluded and we will mainly be impacted when trying to head out of town :?

Thanks also to AB4Me (our local resource) for helping me with logistics/timing. Please note a few times from our original itinerary have been changed to make allowances for traffic/BART. I would advise everyone who will be in attendance to copy, paste & print our itinerary for reference. It has all of our addresses and schedule in a concise format.

Everyone staying at the Berkley house should have the address. If not, please contact George. (BTW, huge thanks to George for organizing our lodging.)

Also, be sure to RSVP if you plan to attend any or all of the events. I'm providing venues with numbers soon. Spread the word. Also, whether or not you will be in attendance, please post your questions for our researchers. I shall be forwarding those ahead in the next few days. We will share answers with all.

Can't wait!!! :D
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Hi Julie,

Please include my wife & me in the lunch count with Bredesen.

Thank you for all you've done!!! We're really looking forward to this next week!
Tincup
E3,E4