Antibiotic resistance

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Antibiotic resistance

Post by Silverlining »

What a super wife! He's blessed to have you "bossing him around" when things are so dire. I'm sending healing vibes from the Florida Keys... So they should be extra powerful once they cross our great big beautiful country to get to him :).. Hugs for you too
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Another round of hugs, and a dash of extra strength to get through this.

I remember a friend telling me once that when her elderly grandmother didn't want to eat much, they started making her Kahlua and chocolate shakes with extra nutrients in it, because she'd drink those right down. Hope you can find something similar for your hubs. ;)
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks guys, he has turned the corner. Gene your suggestions are very useful. Lol Susan. Thanks sister Silver <3.
Fever down. Conjunctiva no longer red. No new spots. Might be able to attend his brothers wedding on Sunday which is the reason why we are here. I am still coming to San Fran, our sons are here too (one is also a doctor, actually working in emergency medicine) and will accompany him home on Monday as previously planned. He should tolerate the reduced oxygen on the planes.
Omg Im shattered. Also son n his gf got engaged in the middle of this on Wednesday. Which involved hours of overseas phone calls via various clunky apps on inadequate wifi telling increasing circles of family starting at grandparents and moving outwards. Havent got to friends yet. Still working on cousins. Its wonderful. I adore her. If I could have designed a daughter from scratch it would be her.
Guys imagine huge Jewish wedding, much family from everywhere in the world, many events planned, son n gf engagement, dire illness, everyone talking at once and moving around in big groups. We needed two taxis for the trip to the hospital ;) LOL.

It's life, to be grasped with both hands and eaten messily and with gusto, juices running down ones chin. And hopefully at the end, a burp of satisfaction after a meal, despite bits of gristle mixed in with all the flavours, that was well enjoyed.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Stavia))) Mazel toz, all around. Lots of happy news.

Oh dear, MichaelR may have competition for best sentence ;) We're blessed to have multiple talented wordsmiths.
It's life, to be grasped with both hands and eaten messily and with gusto, juices running down ones chin. And hopefully at the end, a burp of satisfaction after a meal, despite bits of gristle mixed in with all the flavours, that was well enjoyed.
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

Congrats on all good news!!!! Just think a year from now you can all tell the "crazy American travel" story and laugh about it. Again congratulations. Your new daughter-n-law is blessed to be getting you. Enjoy your wedding and family!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Hope you can enjoy each huge family messy moment! And congrats to your son and future daughter. Much happiness to your family.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I'm glad that your husband had you with him to help him survive for all the happy future events. What good fotune that he has both your and your son to help him on the road to good health.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Stavia,

Just getting around to checking in. Wow, I'm very thankful your hubby has turned the corner. Hopefully the remainder of your time in Vancouver will be full of family joy! Congratulations on your son's engagement.

Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday!
Tincup
E3,E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks guys xxx
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor