Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Julie G »

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Honey. I hope spending time with your E4 peeps will help. Yes, I've passed along an RSVP for 17 of us; that'll include our small group lunch and Q & A session with Dr. Bredesen. Take care of yourself so you'll be well enough to attend. (((Rep)))
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Have a fun and educational time together! I'm envious!

I was hoping to attend, but paying out of pocket for the MEND Therapy through Muses Labs has put me too far over the edge, financially speaking, to attend this gathering.

I look forward to hearing about your trip afterwards!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

Thanks Julie. That's exactly what I'm working on. I've been looking forward to our get together for a long time. Now I feel out of it and behind on having any kind of a list of questions but know that once I can make it there I will still absorb a lot of valuable info.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Honey. I hope spending time with your E4 peeps will help. Yes, I've passed along an RSVP for 17 of us; that'll include our small group lunch and Q & A session with Dr. Bredesen. Take care of yourself so you'll be well enough to attend. (((Rep)))
Last edited by rep on Mon May 25, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Rep, I feel a little the same re. our questions. I've been so busy putting together the minutiae of the meet-up; I wish I would have had more time to formulate better questions. Like you, I want to take full advantage of this opportunity.

I've emailed Dr. Bredesen and Dr. Krauss a link to their questions. Our lists for Drs. Huang and Mahley were so brief that I opted NOT to forward those ahead. I'm hopeful that as they share specific information re. their research; questions will naturally flow.

I've also printed out a hard copy of questions for each of our presenters. Be sure to bring materials to take notes. I'm relying on each of you to share info with the larger group. I loved when Martha and I recently went to our NYC conference. More reporters provide more accurate info ;)

Sorry you're not joining, Alysson. I completely understand. Each of you will be with us in spirit.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

I just wanted to swoop in and wish everybun an absolutely fabulous, fun, festive, and phenomenally informative time! I truly, truly wish I could be with you all, but, this way, if you see *bubbles* in the hot tub...I was nowhere near Cali. ;)

Safe travels!!! xoxoxoxo
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

We know you will be with us in spirit. We will report back what we learned, whom we met and what we've been up to.
You will be missed by all of us.
Starfish
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Maybe start a new thread for all the reports, with heading something like "2015 Bay Area Meetup: Reports"?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Good morning from San Fran!
We have had a very long, jampacked day yesterday, and heading into another one today.
We are very much here representing us all and thinking of those who are not here in the flesh, but are here in spirit with us.
As soon as we have processed the information I promise that we will report back. As we are all aware apoe4 issues are extraordinarily complex so I am looking forward to much discussion of the new nuances we have discovered.

I am proud to say already that our "group mind " aka "thinktank" has already identified many of these nuances as well as most (I hesitate to say "all" as arrogance isn't my thing, but I don't think we have actually missed any) of the main players in a prevention strategy.
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

I appreciate the update Stavia. Hope you guys are having some good meals, even if your food requirements can be difficult to meet in restaurants. Gotta feed the brain to take in all the new info. Hope to see a group photo with names sometime.

Hope your husband is all well now.

Carry on & post when you can.

With you in spirit,
Bentkat
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

My personal thanks for representing us now lets move on with prevention!!! I am very much looking forward to all the information to follow.

A