Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Stavia »

GenePoole0304 wrote:Are you thinking of doing it next year after you recover from all the excitement!
Couldn't keep me away!!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by circular »

Yea! I'm so glad it was such a success! Kudos to EVERYONE who made it happen :D

Love the question about what happened to E1 :lol: ! It never crossed my mind it was missing! :roll:

My LDL-P was 881 last I checked, and Julie says it's "all good" so my thumbs are up! Safe travels ... look forward to more reports.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks GeorgeN

"the neuron expresses ApoE for repair, in response to an insult. It can see the differently shaped 4 protein as a problem and attack it" .... This sounds autoimmune-like. Did they describe it as such? Did they explain how the neuron attacks the E4? I've never heard about that.

Sorry I forgot, can you all rush back and ask them about the role of mast cells in AD pathogenesis and/or therapy? :D
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Circ it's not autoimmune. This is my understanding. The theory is that the apoe protein has a role in neural cell repair. When there is injury to brain cells by whatever means (oxidative stress/ physical trauma/etc), the cells sense this and make lots and lots of apoe to repair. "Expression" is just a fancy word for "makes from a dna template". BUT our apoe4 molecules are fragile and break. This results in lots of fragments of the apoe4 which are toxic in themselves intrinsically. Bad things then happen such as disruption of the framework of the brain and death of brain cells.

My understanding of the mast cell issue is that both Bredesens and Mahleys theories would be consistent with mast cell activation -> inflammation-> many nasty things -> cell death.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks Stavia ~ Sounds lovely huh?

I'm always focused on maintaining very high levels of dietary antioxidants. In this context, maybe a favorable re-dox balance "down regulates" apoe expression at least to address the oxidation part of the equation.

Since apoe is also very involved in lipid metabolism, presumably a lower fat diet might also help down regulate apoe expression. I'm guessing if there were a takeaway from the meetup about fat vs carb percentages the experts continue to really not know and wager a guess, based on offsetting too much carb *and* too many lipids, of course favoring the healthier versions of both.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

I adore all youse guyz! :D Stavia - that Jewel is intelligent and funny - yeppers - coulda toldja so. ;) Jewel - that Stavia is a ball of intense energy and a force with which to be reckoned (complete with grizzly hugs) - ditto! :D

Julie - everyone standing up brought tears to my eyes, as well. Wow.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. So grateful to you sojourning canaries! :D
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.