Buck Institute's RE:Mind

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Buck Institute's RE:Mind

Post by hill dweller »

Anyone have experience with Dr. Bredesen/Buck Institute's RE:Mind 4-day intensive? At least one session was held in 2015 and another is scheduled for March 2016 in Sonoma CA.

Here's the website: http://buckinstitute.org/REmind

Pricing is $7500 inclusive (except transportation to/fro) + labs ($850 - $950)

The brochure (available at the URL) profiles a "Julia," who seems to have much in common with Juliegee.

Feedback appreciated.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Buck Institute's RE:Mind

Post by Julie G »

Hill dweller, we have lots of members who've participated in Re:Mind. I hope they'll chime in and share their experiences. LOL, that story about "Julia" feels very familiar... I was pretty shocked when I first saw the brochure ;)
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Wow. I sent an email because I am very interested. Will let you know more when they reply.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Julie why is he profiling you? You aren't Buck's success in any way.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Good question, Stavia. I have no idea. My permission was never sought, nor given...but then my name isn't used. I assume that profile comes from the talk I gave at The Buck in May. It clearly states that I developed my own protocol. A woman named Denise Kalos runs the Re-Mind program. My guess is that SHE created the brochure. The worst part? That girl pictured has ankles way fatter than mine ;)
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

Juliegee,

Is a video or transcript available of the talk that you gave at the Buck?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hill dweller, here’s a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRIpNV ... e=youtu.be

To set the stage, this talk was given to a packed auditorium last May at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging as a kick-off for our group’s first meet-up. About 20 of us gathered from all over the world and spent several days meeting with some of the top researchers working on ApoE4. It was magical to meet one another and spend time with the experts who’re trying to help us. Warning: I’d never done any public speaking before in my life. I was petrified and look like a complete dork :oops:

On a side note, Dr. Bredesen delves a little into his recently published E4 paper in the talk he gives following mine. Unfortunately, the videographer wasn't able to pan to his visual aids so it's a little hard to follow, but still really good.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

Juliegee: I just watched your talk. You look wonderfully poised! "Thank you for sharing" sounds trite for such a serious crusade, so I'll just say "thank you." You know how much this means to all of us here.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

I received an email stating the next session is late June. No other details.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Julie you have beautiful legs.
And you did not look like a dork. You looked adorable and articulate and intelligent and funny and totally amazing.