Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Post by Schnooks »

fyi

TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Schnooks! I got my copy.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I stopped eating bone broths due to Dr Gundry recommendation that ApoE4's limit/minimize animal fat intake...... I'm not 100% sold on avoiding all animal fats, but I'm giving it 6 months to see what my next set of labs look like.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

When you chill the bone broth after making it, the fat separates, floats to the surface, and hardens. You can spoon out the fat and throw it away and still get the benefits of bone broth (which is great for healing the gut or maintaining a healthy gut).
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Good tip alysson! I wonder how high it is in animal protein? It comes mostly from bone right, and maybe a few scraps of meat still attached? Some people put the organs in as well I think? I'm not sure if they're protein rich. Guess I better download the book and learn more!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Schnooks »

Seems like I remember seeing a picture that Stavia posted of skimmed fat frozen in a plastic bag for use in recipes.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Moi? Not fat.
I did go thru a stage last winter of making bone broth but I always discarded the fat. I ate the collageny stuff.
This winter I intend to make it again but with more organ meats like chicken hearts tummies n livers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Mark Sisson's post, "10 Reasons to Eat More Collagen," seems relevant for this thread:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-reaso ... e-collagen

I know bone broth is high in glycine, but I don't know offhand about other amino acids. I need to learn more myself!