Newbie/Researcher

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
BeKindToYourMind
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie/Researcher

Post by BeKindToYourMind »

Hello Everyone.

I conduct experimental and survey research. My primary expertise is in cognition and experimental psychology, specifically memory. I am currently interested in lifestyle factors that reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and cognitive decline. I am developing a research project involving ApoE genotype. I was introduced to this website and community by a friend who is a homozygous E4 carrier. I do not know my own ApoE status, despite having a 23andMe DNA test before they stopped reporting it.

I learned a lot by lurking around the forums for a of couple months. I look forward to engaging with members of the community online and at the Ancestral Health Symposium in Boulder in August.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbie/Researcher

Post by Lucy5 »

Welcome BeKind!
It certainly looks like your focus syncs-up well with many of us here who hope that informed lifestyle changes can result in favorable epigenetic changes. As an E4 homozygote, I can tell you I'm counting on it!

Looking forward to your input here on the forum as well as meeting you at AHS!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, BeKind! As you may already know, you can run you run your raw genetic data from 23andMe through www.promethease.com to learn your ApoE status if you're so inclined. Your professional focus certainly lines up with ours ;). Are you planning to conduct research with our members? I look forward to learning more with you and meeting up in Boulder.
marthaNH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marthaNH »

It's good to have you here. Welcome. Hope to hear lots from you.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Welcome BeKind! Look forward to meeting you in Boulder.