August Meet-up Dinners

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: August Meet-up Dinners

Post by Julie G »

LOL (((Stavia)))... I'm going where Katie and the whole gang are going ;). I've also been swamped, but promise to focus on this next week. I'll pinpoint the exact dates of our special guests (Gundry, Bredesen, ???) so that we can better plan. I'll look forward to hearing reviews from Asia after the weekend. Huge thanks to all for pitching in on this. XO
BeKindToYourMind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BeKindToYourMind »

Hi All. I am relatively new to the forums. (I have been lurking for a short while in an attempt to catch up on all of the information posted in the forums.) I will be attending the Ancestral Health Symposium in Boulder and am interested in joining the group meet-ups/dinners that you're organizing.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Asia, any addtional thoughts on choosing restaurants? Helpful suggestion that Leaf would be a better more formal place over Blooming Beets or Shine. I think we would all prefer a place with a lower noise rating.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Katie, I've finally had a chance to touch base with Drs. Gundry, Bredesen & Wahls about each joining us for a dinner/Q & A opportunity. All have very kindly agreed, but I'm still trying to firm up separate dates for each one so that we can plan accordingly. Stay tuned for updates as I receive them. THANKS so much with your help on this! XO
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Fabulous, I think the contact at Leaf or Blooming Beets would be the most accommodating. Since Asia thought Leaf was a bit more formal and it is a small restaurant, I'm leaning towards them for our guest dinner so we can all actively participate during the dinner.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I was thinking about setting up 3 separate dinners (different nights) to highlight each guest. What do you think? Of course, the dates may not turn out and it may end up being one big dinner... or two. Also, I'm thrilled that Dr. Wahls and evelynanne plan to attend each dinner. Dr. Wahls wants to figure out how to translate her high SFA approach more safely for our population.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

That would be ideal if a guest could be the dinner highlight of each of our 3 group dinners. Once we have a general count, I'll make reservations.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Yes please lets keep them separate if possible.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Quick update: I've connected with our proposed dinner guests and have a schedule below. We planning to feature each of them individually to enjoy a relaxed, casual meal with free flowing Q & A opportunities. Drs. Bredesen, Gundry & Wahl's may also be present at the other featured guests dinners so i'm looking forward to some epic, lively, ground breaking discussions for our community.

8/10- Meet and Greet
8/11- Dr. Bredesen
8/12- Dr. Gundry
8/13- Dr. Wahls

Please be sure and RSVP on this thread so we can make fairly accurate dinner reservations. My husband & I will be present for all of the dinners. We're looking forward to it!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Julie, for getting these folks scheduled. And thanks Katie for working out the dinner locations.

I'll be present at all the dinners.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!