2016 Ancestral Health Meetup - Stavia's blog

Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2016 Ancestral Health Meetup - Stavia's blog

Post by Nancy »

Wow, very interesting. Thanks. May have to get some K.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Continuing the D vitamin story (thanks Marc for reminder about the Fat Emperor's excellent YouTube presentation) I tried to work out how much sun is actually needed for decent levels. There's a lot of " bare arms a few minutes a day" out there on the internet and frankly from doctors as well.
Dunno how accurate the app "dminder" is ( the Norwegian calculator alluded to sadly appears to be defunct) but I would need 1 hour of noonday sun clad only in underwear/bikini at my latitude (35 south) to make 3000units. I gave up in boredom after 40 mins.
There is no way bare arms three times a week outside of midday hours is going to yield decent levels unless possibly one lives at the equator....
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

They haven't posted Dr. Bredesen's talk from the AHS yet, correct? I checked on You Tube, but haven't been able to locate it. I hope we'll be able to view it one day.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Thx4thegenes wrote:They haven't posted Dr. Bredesen's talk from the AHS yet, correct? I checked on You Tube, but haven't been able to locate it. I hope we'll be able to view it one day.
It was mentioned at AHS that his talk likely would not show up for contractual reasons.

The first two in this list cover a lot of the same ground:

Bredesen STEM talk
Bredesen IHS 2016 talk
Bredesen 36 holes in the roof

Bredesen 1st paper, includes the Ver 1.0 table
Bredesen 2nd paper

Bredsen Q&A at AHS16
Stavia's notes for Bredesen's talk at AHS16
Tincup
E3,E4
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Thx4thegenes wrote:
They haven't posted Dr. Bredesen's talk from the AHS yet, correct? I checked on You Tube, but haven't been able to locate it. I hope we'll be able to view it one day.
George, while catching up on this thread, caught your response to Thx4 and hence the May '16 Stemtalk link for Dr. Bredesen you posted, among others. Thank you! I hadn't listened to this interview before now. We all know Bredesen's a brilliant, creative thinker. But it's also his ability to so eloquently communicate his positions that (finally) forced me to abandon my single-bullet LOAD prevention fantasy (aside from maybe...just maybe...Dr. Mahley's structure corrector. A girl can dream).

I encourage anyone who hasn't heard this talk, to find a quiet spot and listen to it. It's why most of us are here; we want to believe we CAN take some control of our future, and it's researchers like Bredesen (not to mention the founders/contributors to this site) who are giving us the information/tools to make that belief reality.
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Thank you GeorgeN for the links and the reply. I'll definitely check them out and it's too bad that we won't be able to see Dr. Bredesen's talk.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Shelley's Voice of America piece that she shot of us at the Ancestral Health Symposium is now out. This is what Shelly wrote in her e-mail:

Thanks to all of you for your help in making this story possible, and to the people in your groups. Here's the link to the TV piece that Voice of America has broadcast worldwide now.

http://www.voanews.com/a/3505004.html

It includes a download link, and people are free to download it and use as they wish.

About the story, my editor at the Voice of America says, "It's been very popular!"
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Nice work, Team. George & Theresa, please pass along our thanks to Shelley. This is very well done!
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by thumperama »

Wow! That's great! Brought up a lot of emotion. Great work on that, everyone.

Julie, your journey and efforts are really making a difference.
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Love the VOA piece :-). What a well done message. Sorry I couldn't be there, but very cool to see so many of you together!
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.